Much Trouble Logging On

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
I have to constantly log onto AAC. Many times, I log on and it takes me right back to the Log On screen. Often I just give up. It's getting rediculous. If that continues, I'll have to log off forever (not that anyone should care if I do)

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
That is weird. I log on OK, but if I'm idle for a certain amount of minutes, I have to log in again. I think there is some kind of:

if user is idle for so and so long
auto log out

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I know that the site has at about a half-hour log-off timer. BUT, if your browser has the cookies turned off, most sites can't log you in. Could that be your case?

bretm

Joined Feb 6, 2012
I'm having the same problem. It seems like something new in the last few weeks. I've posted plenty of times without this problem, but recently it has been bad. Example: browsing anonymously, hit "Post Reply", log in, type this response, hit Submit Reply, too late--have to log in again, then the response shows up.

It does seem like a timeout issue, but the timeout seems like it's about 1 minute.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I was thinking the same thing as Georacer. Could be that you have your cookies disabled, so the site can't recognize that you're logged in. Also, have you checked the box that says "remember me"? I would assume you have, but it would be good to know everything for sure.

I'm using Chrome and haven't had any problems. I would check your browser's settings and see if you have cookies disabled or something like that.

As for your first comment, I realize you're frustrated, but there is no need to talk like that. You have been a great contributor to this forum, and I'm sure you'd be missed if you left. For what it's worth, I hope you can get things worked out.

Regards,
Matt

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
I'm having the same problem. It seems like something new in the last few weeks. I've posted plenty of times without this problem, but recently it has been bad. Example: browsing anonymously, hit "Post Reply", log in, type this response, hit Submit Reply, too late--have to log in again, then the response shows up.
That's exactly how my problem started. But it got worse to the point that I get multiple logon screens when trying to log on. Sometimes, I give up after 8-10 attempts. This happens on different machines too.

@DerStrom8: Not threating about leaving, but my time is precious, and I just can't waste it on problems such as this. I like this group of people and want to hang around. But I don't need to waste so much time.

PS: Haven't had this problem in the last 12 hours or so.

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
Usually not. I'm often repeatedly taken back to the log in screen. Sometimes, I can just start browsing the site without re-logging in, but then it eventually kicks me off again.

bretm

Joined Feb 6, 2012
I've never seen that Cloudflare bar. I usually use Chrome. Cookies are enabled.

Edit: I made this reply with IE and did not have the problem but haven't posted with Chrome yet today.

Edit 2: Testing in Chrome. Still good.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I still suspect it is related to location to some degree. I have never had a glitch, but I am in Dallas on FIOS using Firefox.