Movies that make you smile?

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
https://www.rfa.org/english/news/korea/squidgame-11232021180155.html
1637816192012.png
North Korea has sentenced to death a man who smuggled and sold copies of the Netflix series “Squid Game” after authorities caught seven high school students watching the Korean-language global hit show, sources in the country told RFA.
The smuggler is said to have brought a copy of Squid Game into North Korea back from China and sold USB flash drives containing the series. Sources said his sentence would be carried out by firing squad.
A student who bought a drive received a life sentence, while six others who watched the show have been sentenced to five years hard labor, and teachers and school administrators have been fired and face banishment to work in remote mines or themselves, the sources said.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
I hope one day their odious dear leader meets the sort of justice that was once enthusiastically administered to Muammar Gaddafi
Justice would be the impossible task of giving all those people their jobs back, their time with loved ones back and their lives back. Justice is not killing someone who has killed thousands himself. Accountability for actions, yes. But it's not justice.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
I've not had much desire to watch Squid Games although it is on my to watch list. But! Netflix just released a new series based on the anime Cowboy BeBop that is a must watch if for nothing more than the Jazz Music used. Definitely brings me a smile!
1637859499298.png

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
That sort of brutality is even worse than the one depicted in Squid Games ... poor, poor NK citizens ... I hope one day their odious dear leader meets the sort of justice that was once enthusiastically administered to Muammar Gaddafi
I believe in revenge, even brutal. But there is not justice enough in the few minutes (if not seconds) it takes to end all, vis-a-vis the long years these people keep their own people suffering.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
I believe in revenge, even brutal. But there is not justice enough in the few minutes (if not seconds) it takes to end all, vis-a-vis the long years these people keep their own people suffering.
Personally, I don't think revenge is ever justified. But sometimes the inflicted level of injustice is so extreme that the just punishment for a crime could become almost indistinguishable from revenge...

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
I've not had much desire to watch Squid Games although it is on my to watch list. But! Netflix just released a new series based on the anime Cowboy BeBop that is a must watch if for nothing more than the Jazz Music used. Definitely brings me a smile!
View attachment 253537
I just finished re-watching season #1 of the original anime. I'll take a look that this, tks.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
I just finished re-watching season #1 of the original anime. I'll take a look that this, tks.
I tried, just couldn’t get past some scene’s in the beginning. I paused it, working just taking a break. Today I must suffer through dog shows my wife landed on Ug. Finished Transcribing some tabs Chord/Lyric for Extreme - “More than words” Hey, @cmartinez if you want them, I’ll see if I can send it in a private message.

Although the tuning is something I didn’t know back when I first learned the song Eb,Ab,Db,Gb,Bb,Eb. Just tune all the strings down to sharps D#,G#,C#,F#,A#,D# I plan to purchase a motorized tuner, really cool it will do alternate tunings.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08N325W3L/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2C4C9QL6VRFIU&psc=1

I think there is a video to show how well it works

kv

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
I tried, just couldn’t get past some scene’s in the beginning. I paused it, working just taking a break. Today I must suffer through dog shows my wife landed on Ug. Finished Transcribing some tabs Chord/Lyric for Extreme - “More than words” Hey, @cmartinez if you want them, I’ll see if I can send it in a private message.

Although the tuning is something I didn’t know back when I first learned the song Eb,Ab,Db,Gb,Bb,Eb. Just tune all the strings down to sharps D#,G#,C#,F#,A#,D# I plan to purchase a motorized tuner, really cool it will do alternate tunings.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08N325W3L/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2C4C9QL6VRFIU&psc=1

I think there is a video to show how well it works

kv
Maybe this version is better.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Boring rehash of the original anime series.
So, the new series @SamR is watching was anime series? I’m beginning to hear the Jazz more often with each episode, still not getting the Bebop unless thats what it’s referring to anime?

The attempt to copy firefly, Asian Style Kungfu and Bullets, like @SamR said the Jazz made it cool.

kv