Movies that make you smile?

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
Major T. J. "King" Kong said:
Well, boys, I reckon this is it - nuclear combat toe to toe with the Roosskies. Now look, boys, I ain't much of a hand at makin' speeches, but I got a pretty fair idea that something doggone important is goin' on back there. And I got a fair idea the kinda personal emotions that some of you fellas may be thinkin'. Heck, I reckon you wouldn't even be human bein's if you didn't have some pretty strong personal feelin's about nuclear combat. I want you to remember one thing, the folks back home is a-countin' on you and by golly, we ain't about to let 'em down.
While Fail Safe is, without question, a good movie, the same topic was handled far far better in "Dr. Strangelove Or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb".

A few good scenes, you will have to find the full version on your own.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
While Fail Safe is, without question, a good movie, the same topic was handled far far better in "Dr. Strangelove Or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb".

A few good scenes, you will have to find the full version on your own.
I don't agree with that. Both are masterpieces of the same subject but with totally different genres of film expression. Comedy vs Tragedy. You fear Fail-Safe because of the realistic possibilities and chuckle at Dr. Strangelove because of the absurdity while both showing the madness of nuclear war. This emotional hit is IMO why Fail Safe is rarely seen or talked about.

"It feels like it could have really happened, and it’s terrifying as a result"

Last edited: