Mouse problem

pedro147

Joined Jan 1, 2013
I have a rather unusual problem with a Microsoft wireless optical mouse 2000 that I recently purchased new. I put in fresh batteries when I started using it and then after an hour or two's use it started to scroll very slowly ie - I had to turn the mouse wheel a lot to get a page to scroll a short distance. Thinking that maybe the batteries were "stale" I put another new set in but the same thing happened after several hours use. The unusual thing is that after the second set started exhibiting the problem, I reinstalled the original set of batteries and they worked perfectly OK for several hours before again showing the slow scrolling behavior. Since then I have continued to just rotate these two pairs of batteries to get around this annoying and perplexing problem. Can anyone please suggest what might be going on here as I am sure that I cannot be the first person to ever have a similar problem. Thanks.

pedro147

Joined Jan 1, 2013
I just used the Windows 7 generic drivers but I have downloaded some Microsoft drivers specific to the mouse and I will see if that has any affect. Thanks for your suggestions.

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
I have a rather unusual problem with a Microsoft wireless optical mouse 2000 that I recently purchased new. I put in fresh batteries when I started using it and then after an hour or two's use it started to scroll very slowly ie - I had to turn the mouse wheel a lot to get a page to scroll a short distance. Thinking that maybe the batteries were "stale" I put another new set in but the same thing happened after several hours use. The unusual thing is that after the second set started exhibiting the problem, I reinstalled the original set of batteries and they worked perfectly OK for several hours before again showing the slow scrolling behavior. Since then I have continued to just rotate these two pairs of batteries to get around this annoying and perplexing problem. Can anyone please suggest what might be going on here as I am sure that I cannot be the first person to ever have a similar problem. Thanks.
This sounds similar to a problem I've had with every wireless mouse I've tried so far - if anyone else is using a WiFi router nearby, it swamps the mouses' communication.

Eventually I just gave up and only use USB mouse now.

pedro147

Joined Jan 1, 2013
Thanks Ian. I don't think that this is my problem. I do have a wi-fi router nearby but I have used exactly the same model of mouse for several years prior to this one with no issues at all. It is certainly a strange problem that falls into the Gremlins category :D

pedro147

Joined Jan 1, 2013
Thanks bwilliams60. I have downloaded some MS drivers for the mouse so I will update the drivers to them. It is just strange as I have used the exact same model of mouse before with just the generic W7 drivers and had no problems. I do not hold out much hope but I will give it a go