Mounting new Bridge rectifier Plus and Minus question

UnnamedUser159

Joined May 3, 2016
I have found a shorted bridge rectifier and my new one is here, but i have forgotten the position. maybe the logiC is to mount it so that the model of the element to be shown without unmount. the both pins go to one big brown capacitor.

thanks in advance

IMG_20131231_180039.jpg IMG_20131231_180050.jpg

DECELL

Joined Apr 23, 2018
I see a big black capacitor half way along- this is the main reservoir and is connected to your bridge. Check the polarity of the cap and trace.
back to your bridge with a continuity tester (DVM).upload_2018-5-10_17-53-41.png
The Cap is made by ltec http://www.ltec.com.tw
You could, in utter desperation, use their site for more info.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
The bridge rectifier assembly hopefully is marked, at least for the DC + and - terminals. The negative bridge terminal normally is directly connected to the negative terminal of the capacitor, and the positive bridge terminal may be directly connected to the + terminal of the capacitor, although there may be a low value resistor in series, but usually not. Then the remaining two bridge terminals would be the AC input, which may have a fuse in the line. Not all bridge rectifiers have the same connection scheme so it is important to examine it carefully to verify which is which.

DECELL

Joined Apr 23, 2018
Either way- be careful! Get it wrong and the cap could get hot, or worse.

It’s far better to replace the whole PSU -its not worth the
disappointment or the risk.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
The simple task of tracing out the positive and negative is not nearly as daunting as replacing a whole power supply module. It does require adequate vision and an understanding of what one is doing, thus it should not be attempted by those unable or unwilling to focus their attention for a while.