Motorola mc68hc11f1 & Am29f010b

geoffers

Joined Oct 25, 2010
I've just found some dodgy connections on the can bus interface chip, they have been resoldered and now I have rev counter and transmission control, woohoo !

It still resets if you jiggle, intermittent faults are the worst, I'm going to put in back the bench supply now and monitor the 5v line see if can make out what's going on.

I'll send those files in a minute, thanks for your time looking at this, the binary isn't exciting reading!!

Cheers Geoff

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I've just found some dodgy connections on the can bus interface chip, they have been resoldered and now I have rev counter and transmission control, woohoo !

It still resets if you jiggle, intermittent faults are the worst, I'm going to put in back the bench supply now and monitor the 5v line see if can make out what's going on.

I'll send those files in a minute, thanks for your time looking at this, the binary isn't exciting reading!!

Cheers Geoff
If you have it back to a functional state then there is no reason for me to look at the files.
I would not be looking only at binary data. I have a 68HC11 disassembler that can convert the binary code to ASM code.

geoffers

Joined Oct 25, 2010
That's interesting, I'd wondered if that could be done?
I'm not familiar with much else other than mpasm.
I guess that would tell us what was missing from the memory in my dash?
I tried to send it to you but the site won'tet me attach binary files??

geoffers

Joined Oct 25, 2010
Final report!
Thanks Mr chips for your help on this, with a new processor and eeprom I still ended up with a intermittent reset.

It took me ages to find the problem which was a bad joint on a soic Schmidt trigger. In the end i put a pencil under the board and moved it along flexing the board to 'make' the fault occur?!

Once that was mended the reprogrammed eeprom had developed a fault which the dashboard reported as a fault code, was only a couple of bytes wrong when I compared the read binary but I think the continued resetting caused by the original fault caused this and probably the missing block of data in the original eeprom? Is this possible?
I'd like to know why always.

Anyway it works and I've learnt loads

Cheers Geoff