most efficient and easily available led driver IC ?

Arun.

Joined Mar 28, 2016
please suggest a led driver IC similar to PT4115 which can handle more than 30 v and 1.2 amps with PWM dimming support

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Welcome to AAC!
Members here who are not in India are unlikely to know what would be 'easily available' to you in India. Can you source things by mail order from any of the major suppliers, such as Digikey, Element14, Mouser etc? If so, do a parameter search on their web-sites.

Arun.

Joined Mar 28, 2016
Welcome to AAC!
Members here who are not in India are unlikely to know what would be 'easily available' to you in India. Can you source things by mail order from any of the major suppliers, such as Digikey, Element14, Mouser etc? If so, do a parameter search on their web-sites.
Thanks . I already searched there , but what I need is some suggestion from experienced LED users .

dannyf

Joined Sep 13, 2015
You may look into regular smps chips with on/off pins, Luke lm2596. That's assuming that you aren't pwmin this thing at too high of a frewuency.

I recently documented repurposing a lm2596 modle as an LED driver - no own however, and. I can post my link for you later.

Arun.

Joined Mar 28, 2016

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Kermit2 and Dodgydave, I don't understand your sarcastic responses to the op's question. :confused:
Seems like a reasonable question to me.
Some questions without any context do sometimes deserve a snarky answer but the op did post his basic requirements with sufficient info, I think, for a reasonable answer.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
there is no data about maximum output voltage from PT4115 in datasheets .
Eh? The first paragraph on the first datasheet that Google found says :-
"The PT4115 is a continuous conduction mode inductive
step-down converter, designed for driving single or
multiple series connected LED efficiently from a
voltage source higher than the total LED chain voltage.
The device operates from an input supply between 6V
and 30V and provides an externally adjustable output
current of up to 1.2A."

Arun.

Joined Mar 28, 2016
Eh? The first paragraph on the first datasheet that Google found says :-
"The PT4115 is a continuous conduction mode inductive
step-down converter, designed for driving single or
multiple series connected LED efficiently from a
voltage source higher than the total LED chain voltage.
The device operates from an input supply between 6V
and 30V and provides an externally adjustable output
current of up to 1.2A."

"There is no data about maximum output voltage from PT4115 in datasheets ."

That's very difficult to believe.

But they mentioned about the input voltage , there won't be any voltage drop across the chip ? can I get 30 v output for 30v input ? :confused:

dannyf

Joined Sep 13, 2015
You can really benefit from reading the datasheet more. Pay particular attention to the topology.

The concept of "output voltage" doesn't exist here. The chip doesn't work the way you think it does.