Moore state machine for 0011

talesrm

Joined Jul 10, 2018
Hello guys, I need to create a state machine that detects the 4-digit binary sequence 0011. Using the moore state machine.

The machine must have an X input and a Z output beyond the clock and reset.
At input X, binary values will come to each clock pulse serially and the output z = 1 must be generated when detecting the sequence 0011.

It is necessary to present the state transition diagram, state table, codification, simplification and design of the final circuit.

After all that i need to show how to implement the same state machine but using only multiplexers and flip-flops (without any logic gate).

I do not know where to start because I'm learning this content just now.

Someone give me some light.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Start with what distinguishes a Moore machine from a Mealy machine.
Then figure out how many states you might need.
Then figure out is the machine stops after detecting the sequence one time.
Then figure out what happens after the sequence is detected.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Consider how you would do it if you were tasked to detect the sequence under the same conditions. For instance, I'm going to verbally give you a string of 0's and 1's, one at a time each time you say "next". You must keep track of any information you need to on pieces of paper, each of which can only have a 0 or a 1 written on them. You decide what to write (leave the same or change) on each piece of paper based solely on what is already written on them and what I just told you. You must also decide whether to not to claim that you've detected the sequence based solely on the pieces of paper.

talesrm

Joined Jul 10, 2018
Consider how you would do it if you were tasked to detect the sequence under the same conditions. For instance, I'm going to verbally give you a string of 0's and 1's, one at a time each time you say "next". You must keep track of any information you need to on pieces of paper, each of which can only have a 0 or a 1 written on them. You decide what to write (leave the same or change) on each piece of paper based solely on what is already written on them and what I just told you. You must also decide whether to not to claim that you've detected the sequence based solely on the pieces of paper.

I tried but i don't know if its corret. Can u pls help here?

talesrm_moore.jpg

Where do i put CLK and RESET?

Moderators note : rotated image and displayed full size

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator: