monitor display

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Experience. The computer connector may have bad pins, but the cable always goes bad (if it ever does) where it passes into the monitor at the strain relief. That's always the point where the most deformation of the cable takes place.

The exact point of failure is a bit beside the point, though. When the color/s come and go as the cable is moved, it's time for a replacement.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Experience. The computer connector may have bad pins, but the cable always goes bad (if it ever does) where it passes into the monitor at the strain relief. That's always the point where the most deformation of the cable takes place.
Seems fair enough. I thought you were referring some non-mechanical issue. I've had a few borked cables in my time, but I seem to acquire them on a regular basis so its not something I tend to investigate more than a quick switch; plus I've used laptops mostly for the last number of years or so.

Dave

Mark44

Joined Nov 26, 2007
thanks mr mentaaal,
one thing i noticed even the white colur now looks sort of violet ,i never gave it a thought that even white wud be made o three colurs :p
Yep, it is. Assuming the display is 8 bits each for red, green, and blue, white is produced by the maximum amount of each of these colors, (255, 255, 255). If you aren't getting any green, you're getting maximum amounts for red and blue, which produces the purple color you see.