modifying string light COB to power 100w Bulb

Status
Not open for further replies.

xiles

Joined Oct 16, 2015
can somebody help me to modify following chinese rice bulb circuit to have 1w LED s or 100w fillement bulbs. if i can modify this to have a more powerful thyrister i will be able to power 100w bulbs for wesak lanterns .
i tried adding 1w LED using a capacitor but it worked once and stopped. i think the output thyristors are gone.

Thank you in advance.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
If you want to modify the circuit then you should draw the circuit first, the circuit was not that much, so draw it and upload it as 800x600 .gif or .jpg file.

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
How do you know they are thyristors, there is a module on a pcb probably provides the gate signals, and what voltage are you using?

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
This thread will be closed, because the contents were violated with the UA(User Agreement).
6. Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised however are considered "off-topic" at all times and will result in Your thread being closed without question:
* LEDs to mains.

User Agreement:
http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/user-agreement/

If you still want to ask that it means that your knowledge is not enough to do the circuit, if you want to using bulb then maybe you can google : triac dimmer and if you have any problem about triac circuit then you still can post it, but you just be careful the safety issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.