Moderator, please remove this topic

nimasa

Joined Oct 3, 2017
Hello,

I would be thankful if a moderator removes the other topic I made - following link - (or post that I made in that topic), plus this one.
Code:
https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/how-to-calculate-power-consumption-of-mkrfox1200-and-pressure-sensor.140679/
Thanks in advance

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Generally, threads are not deleted in order to preserve archival consistency. A thread may be deleted if it is determined that retaining the thread would result in serious consequences.

I hope you understand.

nimasa

Joined Oct 3, 2017
Even if I want to have my posts deleted? Do I have that right not to see the posts I made and not to publish domain name in that post? There are some important personal reasons that I would like that thread to be deleted and I would be thankful if you do so.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Even if I want to have my posts deleted? Do I have that right not to see the posts I made and not to publish domain name in that post? There are some important personal reasons that I would like that thread to be deleted and I would be thankful if you do so.
We can delete any of the links if that would meet your satisfaction.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
From the User Agreement YOU agreed to when you registered:

"Do not submit any Content that you consider to be private or confidential."

"Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion."

"You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content."

In general ANY time you are posting something on any kind of a web forum, you must assume that it is permanently out there for the entire world to see throughout all eternity. Even if we delete the post, the links in it were probably snarfed up within hours, possibly minutes, of you posting it by a number of bots -- that's why we discourage posting personal contact information of any kind. At any given time there are typically twice as many robots browsing the site as there are members.

As MrChips noted, if you would like the four links to your website removed, we are willing to do that. If so, please go to that post, click the Report button, and ask that the links to that domain be removed. It will probably be taken care of in a few hours (possibly a few minutes) depending on if there are mods online at the time.

nimasa

Joined Oct 3, 2017
If so, please go to that post, click the Report button, and ask that the links to that domain be removed.
I do not have that report button. Probably it's not enabled for me yet.
I would be thankful if you remove the links to third-party domain, as well as name at the end of the first post.

Thanks

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I would be thankful if you remove the links to third-party domain, as well as name at the end of the first post.

Thanks
What do you mean by third party domain? Do you mean the .net links?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
It's possible there's a minimum post count required, though I didn't think there was.

Thanks
This doesn't make much sense, so let me be sure I understand you. You want the links to two third-party domains removed (sparkfun.com and arduino.cc) but not the ones to your domain?

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Sorry for making confusion. By third-party domain, I meant .net links.
And thanks for your cooperation.

You know you can edit your own posts? You just can't delete them.

All you had to do was to edit the items out of your post yourself and you would be done.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

You do not need to post images like photos and schematics on a third party website.
The information on those sites may get lost and make the thread useless.
There is the "Upload a File" button that allows you to post attachments directly to the forum.
Without the links the thread renders useless, but we will not remove the thread to show your behaviour.
We do not remove threads for archival purposes.

Bertus

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
You know you can edit your own posts? You just can't delete them.

All you had to do was to edit the items out of your post yourself and you would be done.
There are time-limit restrictions on the ability of new members to edit posts. This is to avoid students trying to get people to work their homework and then editing the post to remove the traces of having done so.