Modelling Constant Power LoaD

anmol singh

Joined Aug 22, 2017
I wanted to understand the effect of CPL on a Power supply component like SMPS or LDO (May be to cascade the them and load CPL at end),for that I wanted to model CPL to analyse small signal stability,I was tryied searching for some model but was only getting transient model ,can you give me suggestion regarding modelling .This will be very helpful.I have TINA TI SPICE

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
If this is of any help, below is a low power constant power AC load that I made a while ago. U3 is an optical isolater used to disable/enable the load.

upload_2017-8-22_13-42-19.png

Bordodynov

Joined May 20, 2015
Small signal analysis of the simulations done in the operating point found. In this case, the load can be replaced by a resistor. To do this, you only need to know the voltage on the load.

anmol singh

Joined Aug 22, 2017
Small signal analysis of the simulations done in the operating point found. In this case, the load can be replaced by a resistor. To do this, you only need to know the voltage on the load.
So just by putting -ve resistor at load and some node potential it will be possible?
What about shorting of DC source during ac analysis

Last edited:

anmol singh

Joined Aug 22, 2017
Thanks for replying
So just by putting -ve resistor at load and some node potential it will be possible?
What about shorting of DC source during ac analysis.
Please Let me know if I am wrong, is there a way that to calculate operating point we can use one circuit then remove that part for ac analysis

anmol singh

Joined Aug 22, 2017
Please Check My model ,
The box is controlled source wizard with input as voltages V(N1)& V(N2)(Voltage equvalent of current) and output is
current given by (V(N1)+1)*V(N2).
SPICE is TINA TI.
Load is set by a current source named Load Power
Still I am not getting correct results

Attachments