Model train switching with a toggle switch and LEDs

Aminnich

Joined Aug 6, 2015
Hey guys, I got back into my train layout this past week and it's time to do some wiring. For my turnouts I'm using the Tam Valley Depot servo motors. I want to use a toggle switch as the input, but also have LEDs lit up showing which track the turnout to pointing to. The toggle switch and LEDs would all be on the control board. The owner of Tam Valley Depot told me he has seen it done, but he didn't know how they did it. If you guys could help me out, that would be great, thanks!!

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Are you using toggle switches now to control the turnout servo motors? The controllers on the Tam Valley page are for DCC (a model railroad bus protocol for controlling engines and accessories).

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Ok. The site doesn't seem to have documentation on how to wire a toggle switch to the controller. But if you have used a SPDT switch to control the servos through the octopus III, @JohnInTX 's idea should work.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
New culpa. Never went to the bottom of the page, as the Octoous III description ended above.

On another point, the circuits presented there also show how to connect indicator LEDs. With momentary toggles, could that solve your problem?