Minor UI bugs in new theme

tjohnson

Joined Dec 23, 2014
I've noticed some minor UI bugs in the new theme. I already reported ones that I thought were major, but wanted to wait a few months to report minor ones until the problems with the new theme were ironed out. Since I don't think minor issues merit their own individual threads, I'll consolidate them in this one.

Issue #1: On the Recent Posts page (which the New Posts and Today's Posts buttons direct to), the second Mark Forums Read button is unnecessary:
recent_posts.png

Issue #2: On the All Watched Threads page, the Manage Watched Threads menu has an unwanted transparent area at the bottom:
manage_watched_threads.png

Issue #3: In a thread with a long title, the Reply to Thread button appears on top of some of the text:
long_title.png

Last edited:

tjohnson

Joined Dec 23, 2014
Issue #4: Before voting in a poll, the choices appear at normal font size, but afterwards they're too large:
poll_too_large.png

I apologize if it seems like I'm always criticizing the AAC website. I don't deliberately hunt for bugs on it, but I also can't help but notice them.

tjohnson

Joined Dec 23, 2014
Issue #5: Sorry, one more that I forgot. When I reply to or edit a post (but not when I post a new thread) and click on the More Options button, the two checkboxes in the Options section are themed inconsistently:
edit_options.png

Last edited:

tjohnson

Joined Dec 23, 2014
Thanks! I wanted to add a few more that I remembered this morning.

Issue #6: When posting a reply in a conversation, if I do something that makes the reply box expand, such as clicking on the Symbols button, it doesn't expand correctly:
conversation_reply.png

Issue #7: If I remember correctly, there used to be a link to the AAC Help at the bottom of the page. Since the theme change, however, I can't find any way to access the help, although the pages still exist.

Update on #6: Just discovered that this also happens when posting a comment on a blog entry.

Last edited: