Minigrabber for Radio Shack DMM

Circuits123

Joined Dec 7, 2012
I'd like to buy some minigrabber probes to attach to the existing leads that came with my Radio Shack DMM (Cat No. 2200811). The existing probes are the sharp pointy type. I've seen a lot of different types of minigrabbers on the Mouser site but most of them refer to banana plugs. Can anyone recommend one that will fit? It doesn't even look like the complete set of leads with minigrabber would work on my DMM because I don't think the the banana plugs will connect to my my meter.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
I believe the meter uses standard banana plug jacks but designed for a sleeved plug. This is done for safety reasons. All you need is a standard Minigrabber, Hook Clip to 4mm Banana Plug. A standard banana plug has a diameter of 4mm.

This is what you want:
Mini Grabber.png

Choose the colors and length you want. Less a good picture of your meter this is what I believe you want. They also make a micro grabber which is a smaller grabber.

Here is one example and if you want expensive quality the ones made by Pomona are quality and expensive, the linked ones are the economy version. :)

Would this be your meter?

RS 22-811.png

Ron

Last edited:

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
I've found that those Pomonas sometimes are a little short in some of the meters with the sleeved jacks. Great stuff though and maybe they have other styles. FWIW I stocked my shop with Pomonas in the 70's and whatever I haven't lost or chopped up for some widget are still primo.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
It doesn't even look like the complete set of leads with minigrabber would work on my DMM because I don't think the the banana plugs will connect to my my meter.
Couldn't find any information for your meter. Can you post a picture of the end that connects to the meter?

This is what they have online and it says standardized banana plugs:
upload_2019-2-16_18-50-57.png