microvolt receiver with antenna..

styven

Joined Jun 1, 2016
Good evening sers-).
so now i would love to ask that, i have a microvoltmeter and i want how do i make that microvoltmeter to detect microvolt from a distance, about 50-60 or 100 meter distance in the natural environment of detecting microvolts in the atmosphere..i mean somethink as receiver..i can make somethink antenna? or what?
below pic that is microvoltmeter i have..-)
i have a hobby and would love to detect objects on the ground..-)
will be nice some one to informe what I want to make..

Attachments

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Detecting voltages in the microvolt range is easy, but detecting only the voltages that you want to detect is far more complex. What you need is shielded cable with a BNC connector correctly installed so that you can connect to your meter.
Beyond that, in order to be able to provide any useful suggestions we need to know a lot more about what you are hoping to detect and measure.

styven

Joined Jun 1, 2016
good afternoon again-)
so MisterBill2 thank you very mach fro your ittention-) i will try to expalin what i like to do with that..
I want to detect negative metal ions on the ground of the microvolt voltage about 60-100 meters distance. at some frequency from what we see in the microvoltmeter in pic, let's say 10HZ to 100 kHz So if we make some antenna coil we will have results; and how to make it??
somethink like that on pic and with a signal amplifier with a coil diameter of 22 centimeters...
Thank you!!

Attachments

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Detecting metal ions on or near the ground is an area of effort that I have not yet had any cause to work with. I did build a system that would detect and trigger off the electrical field of humans within a few inches of the sensing antenna. This was an electrostatic field detector, not a "capacity relay." The device created no field of it's own and so could not be sensed and avoided. And it only used one tube.

I presume that the ions would be detected by sensing their charge, so that would require a very high impedance sensor input. In addition the amplifier section would need to have very low noise, and the detector portion must be very stable.

And I wonder about the source of the metal ions. Can you provide any details about that?

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Is the net charge over a large area of the ground of one polarity with respect to the rest of the earth, or do you have a mixture of charges (positive and negative ions)?

Please describe the thing you want to measure in detail. Dimensions are important.

styven

Joined Jun 1, 2016
Is the net charge over a large area of the ground of one polarity with respect to the rest of the earth, or do you have a mixture of charges (positive and negative ions)?

Please describe the thing you want to measure in detail. Dimensions are important.
Good afternoon mister Cppels-)
i only want to detect microvolt at a distance from the microvoltmeter that I show you in the photo, I believe with an antenna coil and holding it in the hand and scanned from right to left will have good results but I do not know how to archive to make this coil on frequencies I mentioned,
and i will detect only negative ions from metal, every metal under ground some times in day emits negative ions that we can detect with the micro-voltmeter, every metal we find by scaned with a coil, will show the needle what metal is, and if we know the scale of the metals it is more simple, but i think the scale will be found by testing
it is good, it will be a good experience-)))
styven..-)

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
What have you been smoking?

Do some research on metal detecting technology. It involves just a bit more than an antenna and a voltmeter. And 60 meters is out of the question.

Bob

styven

Joined Jun 1, 2016
What have you been smoking?

Do some research on metal detecting technology. It involves just a bit more than an antenna and a voltmeter. And 60 meters is out of the question.

Bob
im not smoking, never smoke before,
It is not feasible?..but I saw it working in Russia, but it was sadly not selling it, and I thought maybe I could build it, I like to deal..

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
Can you find what you saw in Russia on the internet? Show us a link on what you saw. We, or at least I, do not understand what you mean.

styven

Joined Jun 1, 2016
Can you find what you saw in Russia on the internet? Show us a link on what you saw. We, or at least I, do not understand what you mean.
Yes with my pleasure if i can i do, but i saw that in militaire, that it they do not sale this..they had it in the army, it is forbidden to sell..and no other people work with it.-((
but it was fantastic machine...
styven

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
What is your ultimate objective? What would you do with this if you could make it? That way we would be more certain about what you are talking about.

Bob

styven

Joined Jun 1, 2016
What is your ultimate objective? What would you do with this if you could make it? That way we would be more certain about what you are talking about.

Bob
just for hobby Bob, i like to make differend machines to detect...

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
I am thinking that if it was presented in a Russian military publication that in reality the actual process is for more complex than what you are attempting. And a lot more description of the claimed process will help us to understand just what the ultimate goal is, since detecting a few loose ions does not sound interesting at all.

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
just for hobby Bob, i like to make differend machines to detect..
That doesn't help much. How about telling us what, specifically, you want to detect, in what amount, from what distance, under what conditions.

Something like: I want to detect gold nuggets of minimally 10g underground up to 3 meters deep with a directional accuracy of 1 degree. I want it to reject all other metals and materials, and have no more and a 1% false positive rate.

Bob

styven

Joined Jun 1, 2016
That doesn't help much. How about telling us what, specifically, you want to detect, in what amount, from what distance, under what conditions.

Something like: I want to detect gold nuggets of minimally 10g underground up to 3 meters deep with a directional accuracy of 1 degree. I want it to reject all other metals and materials, and have no more and a 1% false positive rate.

Bob
Bob I explained to you again I want to locate any metal in the ground, if that is gold, or steal, or coper, or silver, or alouminium, I do not mind the depth, every metal at some moments of the day emit negative ions of the microvolt class, I will detect these microvolts at a distance of 60-80-100 meters, can i?..i want one antenna dipol, and i will scanned the area, somethink that in pic i send in forum..and also you saw the microvoltmeter in pic too...
thank you styven

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
It is not likely that any ions will be emitted from metal at all, and even less likely that they would be able to pass through any amount of earth to the surface. A sensitive detector and a set of coils could be rigged to detect the varying magnetic field disturbances caused by conducting materials being in the magnetic field generated by the coils. THAT is a proven technology that could be duplicated by an experimenter. My guess is that whatever the Russian military folks have is for detecting buried explosives by means of their chemical signatures. That is a lot more complex than simply sensing microvolt signals.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
I still have not seen the answer to the question of whether there are large patches of ground with voltages above or below that or the rest of the earth.

Often DC voltages are remotely sensed by capacitive coupling. The thing to be measured can be considered to be one plate of a capacitor, which in your case is grounded (because it is in the ground) a second plate is set up, in this example, 50 meters away. A grounded chopper wheel, more commonly referred to as a field mill is placed between the voltage to be measured and the remote sensing plate. The filed mill serves to modulate the DC electric field so it can be observed by capacitive coupling.

A back-of the envelope calculation was made. If using a 1 square meter sensor with a rotating grounded disk that has a 1 square meter opening that will allow either the entire 1 square meter to be exposed or when rotated another 180° shields the entire 1 square meter plate, with the field mill rotating at 100 revolutions per minute, looking at a large area 10 microvolt charge 50 meters away will present almost square wave with an amplitude of about 350 E-18 amps (350 atto amps). That is not much current.

Although sophisticated processing techniques such as lock-in amplification are available, it is unlikely that the 350 atto amp signal can be successfully amplified to the point that it can be measured, or even detected.

Another problem is that if the sensor plate moves with respect to the ambient electric field it will throw off the reading. I remember walking one night in an open filed with an AC electric field meter with the sensor plate pointed skyward and seeing hundreds of volts RMS being displayed just by the meter's motion through the ambient electric field.

If you take this issue to CERN you might find hope, but this kind of sensitivity in a home-made instrument would be very difficult it even possible.

Kjeldgaard

Joined Apr 7, 2016
This thread makes me think of a company that can do something with very high currents and correspondingly small measuring voltages almost simultaneously: SkyTEM