Microprocessor Compatibility

em_cardc

Joined Apr 5, 2016
Hello,

This is just a quick question about compatibility for a peripheral that I want to implement on a Texas Instruments Microcontroller.

I am having trouble finding a Bluetooth transceiver altogether by searching on robotic components websites and the (clipped by mod) sparkfun.

I found this device on amazon but it says it is Arduino-based?

I was just wondering if anyone could guide me to the right place to get a couple of the smallest size possible to implement to my project design, or if I can use the kind that I posted for my processor family.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
Hello,

This is just a quick question about compatibility for a peripheral that I want to implement on a Texas Instruments Microcontroller.

I am having trouble finding a Bluetooth transceiver altogether by searching on robotic components websites and the infamous sparkfun.

I found this device on amazon but it says it is Arduino-based?

I was just wondering if anyone could guide me to the right place to get a couple of the smallest size possible to implement to my project design, or if I can use the kind that I posted for my processor family.
Are you looking for BLE or RS232 emulation?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
That module should work fine with any processor that has a serial port. Do you know what you are doing when it comes to serial ports? Have you worked with them before? [I'm not trying to sound condescending -- I just want to make sure you are not about to leap off a cliff]

em_cardc

Joined Apr 5, 2016
That module should work fine with any processor that has a serial port. Do you know what you are doing when it comes to serial ports? Have you worked with them before? [I'm not trying to sound condescending -- I just want to make sure you are not about to leap off a cliff]
I have worked with UART communications... Not super familiar with BT but I am assuming they have a similar concept.