Microcontrollers programming

infinitig35

Joined Mar 3, 2008
:( Good morning everyone. I'm a little puzzled on one of my homework problem. Can someone give me a hint on how to proceed with this: here's the question=> Write a program that uses both an RTI (Real Time Interrupt) and an TOI (Timer Overflow Interrupt) or a TOC (Timer Output Compare). Have each of the interrupts do something different.
Thanks you.

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
There are many articles on the Internet that you could find using google. Here is one example.

It is possible that the active members here in the AAC forum do not have enough experience with the 68HC11 to feel comfortable making a reply.

68HC11 is still a viable chip but there several new microcontrollers on the market such as the PIC and AVR that would be worth researching if you are just beginning to learn microcontrollers. Their cost and the availability of inexpensive and in some cases free tools make them a prime choice for the hobbyist.

hgmjr

infinitig35

Joined Mar 3, 2008
There are many articles on the Internet that you could find using google. Here is one example.

It is possible that the active members here in the AAC forum do not have enough experience with the 68HC11 to feel comfortable making a reply.

68HC11 is still a viable chip but there several new microcontrollers on the market such as the PIC and AVR that would be worth researching if you are just beginning to learn microcontrollers. Their cost and the availability of inexpensive and in some cases free tools make them a prime choice for the hobbyist.

hgmjr
Thank you sir.

veritas

Joined Feb 7, 2008
I've used the 68HC11 in a microcontroller class and completed similar assignments, but that was a couple years ago.

Do you know how to enable the interrupts and specify the functions for them?

veritas

Joined Feb 7, 2008
Actually, we were using the 68HC12. I think they're pretty similar, but I don't know what the differences are.

As I recall, the keys to using the interrupts were setting up the vector table and setting the correct registers for the various interrupts.