Microcontroller temperature control device

hqtrung

Joined Sep 17, 2021
I am new to circuitry and therefore the question might be stupid. As part of the educational process, I need to implement a microcontroller (MSP430) temperature control device based on an NPN transistor (regulate through resistive heat dissipation). Does anyone have any ideas to help me? Any suggestions for this problem will be appreciated.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi hq,
Welcome to AAC.
As this looks like a College assignment project, we need to see your idea's on how this may be done, we can then help you.
Simple sketch will be OK.
E

hqtrung

Joined Sep 17, 2021
How do people usually manage the temperature of a microprocessor? As far as I understand, based on thermistor and NPN transistor it is possible to measure the processor temperature. So if the processor is too hot, how should I handle it?

Last edited:

hqtrung

Joined Sep 17, 2021
In my exercise i need to design this temperature measuring device. Only NPN transistor BD13916STU and thermistor can be used. How should i implement the circuit?

xox

Joined Sep 8, 2017
In my exercise i need to design this temperature measuring device. Only NPN transistor BD13916STU and thermistor can be used.
If you just need a few more components to get it working then go ahead and do that. That way even if you don't "ace" the project you will doubtlessly receive a fair and passing grade nonetheless. (And of course ANY earnest effort for that matter will likely earn you the same.)