microcontroller NEC

• the operation is this ...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think it can not work alone ..

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sirol

Joined Nov 1, 2017
Hi, i have a question to do, I have a microcontroller that is called NEC japan d75p108bcw9250ku002 and i would use it, but i don't know how to program it, and how does it work...

qrb14143

Joined Mar 6, 2017
If you are new to microcontrollers I would suggest learning on one of the big names like Arduino, MSP430, Atmega32 etc. You will find there are a great deal of example projects and support available for these products.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Hi, i have a question to do, I have a microcontroller that is called NEC japan d75p108bcw9250ku002 and i would use it, but i don't know how to program it, and how does it work...
Likely proprietary and not programmable by the general public. Save yourself and enormous headache and but something well supported like the Arduino. And if you wan to build it all yourself the Mircochip Pic is very well supported.

Sirol

Joined Nov 1, 2017
Capisco, grazie comunque per l'aiuto

I understand, thank you anyway for the help

Moderators note: This is an english only forum, I translated the quote

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
You may as well forget programming that google don't give one hit on that part number
That's because the NEC part number is 75p108. BCW is the package. 9250 is the date code. KU002 is manufacturer's supplementary data - which fab built it etc. The μ prefix says NEC microcircuits. Googling NEC 75p108 gets lots of hits including the datasheet. It is a 4 bit microcontroller in a 64pin SDIP package. One time programmable so totally unsuited for @Sirol so yes, good advice to look elsewhere.

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
I also have a uPD78218A which is similar to 75108 but it was an 8-bit controller. It was used in Yamaha PSR310 keyboard.

It came in 2 favours. One with 32K bytes OTP-ROM and 1KB RAM. The other one came in 0K ROM and 1K RAM. This one uses external eprom for its program. I have both of them.

I never really made good use of them besides as a part for repairing the music keyboards, because the programming environment is hard to get and I have to learn a new asm language which was very time consuming.

If I didn't guess wrongly, the 75108 was used in calculators and simple appliances control.

Anyway here are the datasheet if you're really interested..

Allen

Attachments

Sirol

Joined Nov 1, 2017
I also have a uPD78218A which is similar to 75108 but it was an 8-bit controller. It was used in Yamaha PSR310 keyboard.

It came in 2 favours. One with 32K bytes OTP-ROM and 1KB RAM. The other one came in 0K ROM and 1K RAM. This one uses external eprom for its program. I have both of them.

I never really made good use of them besides as a part for repairing the music keyboards, because the programming environment is hard to get and I have to learn a new asm language which was very time consuming.

If I didn't guess wrongly, the 75108 was used in calculators and simple appliances control.

Anyway here are the datasheet if you're really interested..

Allen
Thanks for the pdf, and for the answer