microchip problem

ht systems

Joined Aug 2, 2011
i generate c codes for microchip using flowcode program then i transform it using my programmer into hex code then i transform it into the chip and when i put it in the circuit , it never works
i downloaded projects from the internet but the same problem

debjit625

Joined Apr 17, 2010
I never use a flowcode program to program and I find it weird to use something like that to program rather using programming language anyway it will be inaccurate compared to a programming language.Use C to program... i.e.. don't use other program to generate C code,code it yourself.
In your earlier thread we gave you some options what about that ?
http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=58777

Eric007

Joined Aug 5, 2011
Debjit625 is right! I've seen people using some programs to generate code for them...it never worked the way they wanted...especially when implementing it on hardware...plus you don't learn much...try again

Gud luck

ht systems

Joined Aug 2, 2011
but even when i used projects wich i downloaded it from the internet , it didnt work ?
i thought that there is a problem that im doing .

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Please stay in one thread. What exactly is does not work? You must elaborate on this. One thing I noticed from your code is the total lack of the configuration word(s) setting. How this is done will depend on which C compiler you use. And you have not told us which C compiler you use. Good questions draw good answers

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
i generate c codes for microchip using flowcode program then i transform it using my programmer into hex code then i transform it into the chip and when i put it in the circuit , it never works
i downloaded projects from the internet but the same problem

Aside for general information on Flowcode:
I downloaded the free version of Flowcode and made a test program to blink a pin in a loop. Flowcode looks like a useful tool (similar to the original versions of Labview) that produces a "C" program file, which is then compiled down to a hex file here. Flowcode is not itself a compiler, instead it depends on the BoostC16 compiler, which it installed for itself.

I made a project in MPLAB and pulled in the C file Flowcode produced, along with it's .hex file and the .cof file (symbols) and was able to view a decomplied version of the hex code Flowcode produced. Hey, guess what, it was correct.

@ht systems:
It is possible to write "correct" code that will run on a simulator that will never run on your hardware due to various configuration settings being incorrect.

Try this: In Flowcode's menu, click Chip | Configure... then click "Switch to Expert Config Screen" Now write down all the parameters on the left along with how they are set on the right.

That may be a lot of setting but it is vital information for us to help you get going.

ht systems

Joined Aug 2, 2011
i use top win 2007 C compiler , i dont think that the problem is from my flowcode c code because i downloaded many projects from the internet and they didnt work at all , i guess the problem is when i transform the c code into hex then to the chip , im doing something wrong there but i dont know what it is .

DumboFixer

Joined Feb 10, 2009
The only that is probably wrong as far as the softwarte is concerned, as has already been suggested, is the config word. If that is not correct it won't work properly 9if at all).

We also need to see your schematic so we can check that as well (and check it against the config word).

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
im doing something wrong there but i dont know what it is .
Then we talk about configuration word(s). Do you know at all what we are talking about. The configuration word(s) are described in the section "SPECIAL FEATURES OF THE CPU" In the data sheet. If the configuration word(s) are not set correctly according to your application. The CPU will appear dead. We are trying to help so please answer this question.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
I have no idea what a "top win 2007 C compiler" could be, Google returns nothing relevant.

Why don't you try using the compiler that came with Flowcode?

ht systems

Joined Aug 2, 2011
i guess the problem is the configuration word(s) because the ic looks dead when i put it the test circuit . i have to google to study the configuration word(s) better or if anyone know a website or a pdf file i will be happy if he or she post it .
thank you all for helping

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
I am 100% sure this will be mentioned in your C compiler documentation. I do not know your C compiler at all. So I can not help you out. We could help somewhat. But then we need your schematic. You can read about this in the data sheet in the section I recommended you. But I think if you follow the advice from ErnieM. It would help you a lot

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
By the way. What PIC do you use. I have asked about this before. You will get help much faster if you come forward with information then asked. Just a tip

ht systems

Joined Aug 2, 2011
im using pic16f84 , i generated codes from flowcode and complied it with topwin 2007 but it didnt work , i even tried some projects from the internet but the same problem happend , always the microchip looks dead , in my topwin 2007 there are configuration word(s) so i have to read about it more .
i need microchip so much because i design systems from machines so micorchips is a new step for making my systems better