Metallized Polypropylene film capacitor?

YOAVRAMAN2

Joined Apr 20, 2018
can any 1 plese tell me what are Metallized Polypropylene film capacitor and what are they used for?
i will also be happy to know about the MPX40 and becus i have it (i may destroyed a blander stick for the engen)

yoav,

Marc Sugrue

Joined Jan 19, 2018
They are normally used for input filter circuits as they typically safety capacitors used for x or y capacitors and have self healing properties. They are temperature stable and have good high frequency performance so are good for differential and common mode filtering.

YOAVRAMAN2

Joined Apr 20, 2018
They are normally used for input filter circuits as they typically safety capacitors used for x or y capacitors and have self healing properties. They are temperature stable and have good high frequency performance so are good for differential and common mode filtering.
what do you mean filter? like blocking the Amount of power go throw? and if yes can it posibly increase it?

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
I think what wayneh linked is a very good place to start. Read what a cpacaitor actually does, then read it two or three times more, then ask further questions.

YOAVRAMAN2

Joined Apr 20, 2018
ok i have only a few Q now
when conected to baterry can it be magnetic?
how i know which TYPE of electrycty this capacitor blocks (dc/ac...)?

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
when conected to baterry can it be magnetic?
It doesn't matter what the power source is. What matters is whether current is flowing. At steady state, no current is flowing and there is no magnetic field.
how i know which TYPE of electrycty this capacitor blocks (dc/ac...)?
Details matter, so the question cannot rally be answered without more information. But in general a capacitor blocks DC current once it charges to steady state. The approach to steady state can be considered an AC component to an otherwise DC signal. In many circuits, a capacitor is used to pass an AC signal while blocking any DC component.