Metal detector - circuit Not clear

Carl-7

Joined Sep 24, 2021
Hello friends

so recently i searched on the internet and found a video of an Indian guy making a metal detector circuit but unfortunately there is no diagram and it was a messy build.

i tried to imitate the video but i just can't make it work because I'm not an expert in electronics components.

please, kindly, watch the video in the link below and if any smart guy/girl of you who can draw a diagram of what he build and share it please, it would be so kind.

PS: i have the same components except of HB06 diode (which i searched online but never found anything about it)

thank you very much my friends i appreciate your effort and time

Carl-7

Joined Sep 24, 2021
Welcome to AAC!
Wouldn't it be easier just to find another circuit? There are plenty on the Internet.

Thank you for your fast reply.

i like this one because of its relative simple parts and range, it also became kind of challenge to make this circuit because i tried many times without success, so i want some help to beat the challenge :)

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
How do know it would really work? Do you believe everything you see on YouTube?

It looks much too simple to me to work that well.

Bob

Carl-7

Joined Sep 24, 2021
How do know it would really work? Do you believe everything you see on YouTube?

It looks much too simple to me to work that well.

Bob
thanks Bob.

of course i don't believe everything i see, that's why i write this post so i can have an expert opinion.
But also this Indian channel has good reviews and other clear videos of other projects.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
The operation seems too complex for the small number of parts (the tone is either ON or OFF and I don't see a circuit that would do the switching.

The search loop, or what is supposed to be the search loop is wound in a way that would result in a low Q inductor because of eddy currents on the wires upon which it is wound, and in the configuration shown would not be sensitive at all.

My conclusion after sleeping on it is that the video is faked.

LowQCab

Joined Nov 6, 2012
The configuration, and exact dimensions of the Coils are
absolutely critical to the sensitivity of the Detector.

How You turn the 2-Coils into a very unstable Oscillator Circuit
takes a distant second-place in importance.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Detecting metal is fairly straightforward. Discriminating between metals is the trick or else you will be digging up a lot of soup cans and aluminum drink cans. But if all you are looking for is your key ring you dropped in the weeds...

Carl-7

Joined Sep 24, 2021
The operation seems too complex for the small number of parts (the tone is either ON or OFF and I don't see a circuit that would do the switching.

The search loop, or what is supposed to be the search loop is wound in a way that would result in a low Q inductor because of eddy currents on the wires upon which it is wound, and in the configuration shown would not be sensitive at all.

My conclusion after sleeping on it is that the video is faked.
thank you for taking the time watching the video and your conclusion.
maybe you are right, something is missing. so the circuit he made just beep all the time for nothing.

zophas

Joined Jul 16, 2021
I have not bothered to look at the video, but I think if you title a video or an article "How to make a Metal Detector" then the least you can do is provide a circuit diagram of your device.

TahaNokee

Joined Oct 10, 2021
Hi
Detecting metal is fairly straightforward. Discriminating between metals is the trick or else you will be digging up a lot of soup cans and aluminum drink cans. But if all you are looking for is your key ring you dropped in the weeds...
How I can Discriminating between metals ?
if you know, please tall me.

zophas

Joined Jul 16, 2021
I suspect that, depending on the quality of the metal detector, that different metals will produce a slightly different sound or signal, again depending on the metal detector.

hrs

Joined Jun 13, 2014
The other day I came across this video about discrimination between metals. But it's not a pulse induction type detector.