Memorial

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
I noticed Bill Mardsen said that the link to Beentheres thread would be removed eventually, and I feel like there should be a page or something somewhere on the site. maybe not as noticeable as the link on top of the page, maybe just sticking the thread, but something.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
The mailing address will be removed eventually and probably the link on top of the AAC page at some point. The thread might also be closed but not deleted.

I don't feel posting a sticky would be right. Mourning the dead constantly isn't natural. Besides, beenthere will always have his place in the forum leaders page.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
On other forums I've been on, they've had a thread in an area where members who passed on had their avatar, screen name, and dates of activity. Just a basic list, as long as your (screen)name lives on, you are immortal.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Look around the site, the various stickies Bill left are still pertinent, and will be around for a very long time. There is no plans for shutting anything down, but I've survived the loss of my only brother and parents, you simply can not mourn forever (though you do).

We will come up with something more permanent for Bill, but it is going to require some thought.

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
I agree with everything said above, i was not intending to say we should continue to mourn, but that there should be something somewhere to insure memory. I like the idea that Thatoneguy brought up, perhaps a "lost members" thread stickied somewhere. Ultimately, it's up to the mods and admins, and I'm sure they'll think of something appropriate.