Measuring Output Ripple Voltage Problem

Electronic_Maniac

Joined Oct 26, 2017
hi,
Please post the question and drawings on this Thread.
E

Boost IC = NCV3063
Vin = 8V
Vout = 23V
Iout(max) = 250mA - (Load is a constant current circuit which is enabled at 200Hz)
Schematic
Circuit Schematic

Mentioned the points where I have probed

Waveforms (Same waveform, only varying the timescale) :

Why is there a dip in output current and increase in output ripple voltage at the marked areas?

And which waveform describes the right Peak to Peak ripple voltage measurement?

This :

Or

Or

Last edited:

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi EM,
I always measure the ripple voltage at the output of power supply, when it is loaded with a fixed load that draws the maximum current specified for the PSU.

What is the duty cycle of this switched load.?
Iout(max) = 250mA - (Load is a constant current circuit which is enabled at 200Hz)

E

Electronic_Maniac

Joined Oct 26, 2017
hi EM,
I always measure the ripple voltage at the output of power supply, when it is loaded with a fixed load that draws the maximum current specified for the PSU.

What is the duty cycle of this switched load.?

E
Hello,

I too measured the ripple voltage at the output of the power supply as I mentioned in the diagram. Please tell me which waveform is correct.

And the duty cycle is 90%

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
I have already answered your questions.?

Why is there a dip in output current and increase in output ripple voltage at the marked areas?
Because your switched Load is creating the change in the circuit response waveforms

And which waveform describes the right Peak to Peak ripple voltage measurement?
As per my post #6

But why should I not do like how I do? What's wrong with my own load at the board
Because your switched Load is creating the change in the circuit response waveforms

If I have missed a point, please repost a particular question.

E