MC2100ELS 50w v1 treadmill repair #2

jerrxu60

Joined Dec 5, 2022
2Ω,
What does it measure?
Doesn't appear burnt?
Hi Max,
The R3 resistor has been removed from the board and measured open circuit, also outside paint has been peel off. The board back has burnt mark at R31 and R19. After measured both and got 20KΩ.

When machine was not working, I open the cover and found the LED on the board was not lighted up. So removed the board for visaul inspection and found R3 was peeled off. Undered 240V provided, I can get this voltage from LG2/LG3. Then measured the output of DB1 and got DC 210V. Then measured R3 and D1 node and I can't get any voltage. So I believed the R3 was open circuit. There is no 12V on HB pin 2 so my panel is not turned on. Visual inspection on others and didn't found any other abnormal so I should replace R3 and try to see how. Those are my judgement on the failure of the board. Please let me know if you have any other suggestion on the troubleshooting.

Thanks,
Jerry

Attachments

jerrxu60

Joined Dec 5, 2022
Hi Max,
Resistor replaced and still no 12V on Pin2. So the panel is still not turned on. I will further diagnose the board and see how. Let me know if there is the process of diagnose the board problem steps or can provide me the board circuit to help my diagonsing.

Thanks,
Jerry

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
If this is the version with the G5551 SMPS then it is most likely this IC that could be the problem, the linear transformer supply types are much more rugged.
In some cases, a low voltage outboard supply can be fitted, and the SMPS removed.

Hi Max,
Resistor replaced and still no 12V on Pin2. So the panel is still not turned on. I will further diagnose the board and see how. Let me know if there is the process of diagnose the board problem steps or can provide me the board circuit to help my diagonsing.

Thanks,
Jerry
I’m having exactly same issue as you only difference is r31 and r19 are more noticeably burnt on mine , did you ever solve this thanks