MARTEL 3001 calibrator is giving overload error for 4mA.

Vindsan

Joined Feb 23, 2022
Hi, I am trying to work with a MARTEL 3001 calibrator, and I am trying to program it to output 4mA. 4mA is very well within its tolerance range where max is 100mA. But still the Martel Calibrator is giving an overload error. I am not sure why this is happening. Can someone kindly help me. Thank you.

Govind

Vindsan

Joined Feb 23, 2022
Is there a load on it when it goes into error?
Yes there is a test system on which a microcontroller is placed. One of the channels of the microcontroller is connected to the MARTEL 3001 using a national instruments switch matrix.

Vindsan

Joined Feb 23, 2022
Just fo be sure, did you check the resistance of the circuit to be sure it is within specifications?

I didnt check, but the resistance of the circuit is within specification. Because the circuit is used for another application and there it works fine. So i did something, I wrote a separate program where I make the National Instruments Switch Matrix connection just like that application and then run Martel with 4mA. Again it shows Over Load. So when I make the switch matrix connection I make a complete circuit with the Martel and one of the channels of the microcontroller that needs to be tested. This is same as in the application. But the only difference is in the application the microcontroller is working whereas in my program mircrocontroller is not doing anything and only a circuit is formed.

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
During the test sequence, when the matrix switch is not connecting the current source to the microcontroler, is there a load connected to source? If not, you will get the overload error.
Can you post a block diagram of that part of your test system to give us a better chance at diagnosing your problem.