Manual Controller - power charging issue

Dmchan

Joined Aug 18, 2018
This may be a long post, here it goes -

I have a 12v NC solenoid valve that needs to be controlled by a push button. I have made the controller for this before but it was stolen and I am remaking it. I figure I should go ahead and make it better / fancier this time around and am working out the diagram. I have run into an issue with my design and I would like some assistance from more experienced minds.

I have tinkered and toyed with 12v systems but am no expert. I am not greatly savvy with electricity but understand it OK. The circuit design that I have thus far is attached. My issue is this:
I have one terminal to send power to the solenoid. I want this terminal to serve double duty as the charging port for the internal battery as well. I dont want to pass power to the solenoid accidentally with the flick of a toggle and I dont want to pass power through the series of switches when charging. This seems like an easy solution right? Diodes.

Problem being, I dont know much about diodes and I dont know what I should use here. Perhaps diodes are in fact not the answer and my ignorance needs to be kicked around by someone with more knowledge?

The elements of this circuit are as follows:
12v 5a sealed lead acid battery
Key switch ( on/off)
Emergency cutoff switch (When off, a second circuit is engaged, although I do not plan to use this function)
Momentary push button switch, NO (with internal LED)
12v battery capacity/ voltage meter
SPDT toggle switch ( to isolate the power/ charging legs)
SAE type quick disconnect (The output/ charging terminal)

Ideally when I want output I can switch the toggle to power, turn the keyswitch on, ensure the stop switch is not engaged and press the push-button to send power to the solenoid. Then, when I need to charge the internal battery I can turn the keyswitch off, flip the toggle to charge and plug in a NOCO genuis G1100 12v charger until I've reached full charge.

Note - this is all to be mounted inside of a new tool box with a latching lid to protect the switches when not in use.

So - the question is what diodes do I use to prevent current flow in the directions I do not want when charging?

I very much appreciate input and help. Thank you in advance!

-Jay