Managing CD's/DVD's For Cheap..!

Sleve Hope

Joined Apr 21, 2020
Hello There I hope you will be fine..!

I don't know if most of the people still use CD's/DVD's but I do have a huge collection of them. As my collection is getting increased day by day I noticed there needs to be a solution to manage all these because it took me minutes to find one out of them. So I decided to go with CD/DVD Storage Boxes, keeping my valuable and memorable assets in this way helped me a lot, I named these drives accordingly and placed them in their respective categories. The major benefit of keeping drives in cardboard boxes instead of plastic wrapping is they look different and stand out among others. Have you ever tried keeping them the same way?

In case you own these; How did you managed to keep your collection organized?
I would love to hear from you..!
Thanks for your Interest...!

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 115935

Joined Dec 31, 1969
Hello There I hope you will be fine..!

I don't know if most of the people still use CD's/DVD's but I do have a huge collection of them. As my collection is getting increased day by day I noticed there needs to be a solution to manage all these because it took me minutes to find one out of them. So I decided to go with CD/DVD Storage Boxes, keeping my valuable and memorable assets in this way helped me a lot, I named these drives accordingly and placed them in their respective categories. The major benefit of keeping drives in cardboard boxes instead of plastic wrapping is they look different and stand out among others. Have you ever tried keeping them the same way?

In case you own these; How did you managed to keep your collection organized?
I would love to hear from you..!
Thanks for your Interest...!
I'd suggest ripping them to a hard drive.

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
The CD/DVD storage boxes I use have a soft clear plastic cover so I insert a sheet of paper in each, with a label printed where it will show on the spine. I keep them in a bookshelf for easy access. I store music, movies and data backup this way. Some people do not recommend them for permanent storage because they are supposed to have a shelf life of around 10 years but I have never experienced a loss of data in the 30 years I have been using them. Keep them in a cool dry place and don't let them get scratched.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
I have some CD/DVD carriers, that like a juke box can pick an individual disk out of the packed carrier when a point is moved to the position in which the disk is stored. I kept a list in Word format so that I could search a list of what is kept where.

I have since moved everything critical to hard drives. I hear they are more reliable.