Making Even Plasma Distribution without Sparks

Dejan Corovic

Joined May 8, 2017
I've seen many Tesla coil projects where long sparks shoot from a single point on the capacitative load.

But I would like to make an even hallo around capacitative load. Like, I would like to gradually and precisely reach ionisation levels of nitrogen and oxigen so that I can control a change of the plasma's color. If you can imagine, capacitative load would be surrounded by a red hallo made of neutral nitrogen plasma, without and sparks.

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
If you or thousands of others who are trying could..........control plasma........then very cheap energy for all.

Being able to control and contain plasma is a dream so far.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
I have a "plasma globe" that can do that. It has a pot to control the output voltage. By turning the voltage down the center 'ball' only glows with a reddish 'corona' and no sparks. But it is in a sealed outer globe/envelope, do you want this in free air?

Dejan Corovic

Joined May 8, 2017
Yeah, ideally it should work in a free air. But I would be interested to see your "sealed outer globe" setup anyway. Please, post some photos if you have, or a web page.

Dejan Corovic

Joined May 8, 2017
@shorbus What make and model is your "plasma globe". I looked around and can only find many globes that produce fillaments, but not ones that can just create an even glow.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
@shorbus What make and model is your "plasma globe". I looked around and can only find many globes that produce fillaments, but not ones that can just create an even glow.
I don't know if they are still being made today, the one I have was bought ~30 years ago. It's called, 'Eye of the Storm', made by Rabbit systems, inc. Model E-6000. Think it was bought at Spencers gifts. It is made to work like a 'color organ' to react with the beat of music, but that can be switched off and let it work as a plasma globe. It has two slide pots on it one for 'power' one for 'focus'. In the plasma globe mode by adjusting the pots you can get the center ball to glow without having streamers from it. Sorry, I don't have a digital camera, not a picture guy.

Looked quickly on Google, and found a few on Ebay, that will give pictures of one.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...=m570.l1313&_nkw=eye+of+the+storm&_sacat=4054