Making an low frequency inverter using EGS002 module

nithishroy

Joined Jun 7, 2024
HI.
In this project we use a egs002 module to generate a spwm which is then fed to the h-bridge mosfets irf3205 the problem is that the final out that is fed to the transformer is around 6volts ac when i use a 12v battery.

this happens because the output of the egs002 module is around 11-12 volts which is given the higher side gate is not fully opened due to the fact that the gate voltage must be higher than the drain to source voltage i have tried boot straping externally but it didnt help also the module itself consists of a driver ir2110 that has a bootstrap capacitor is there a way to increase the output to 12v so i can use a12v transformer

thanks in advance
Schematic-of-1kw-pure-sine-wave-inverter-circuit_Electrothinks.png

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

sarahMCML

Joined May 11, 2019
HI.
In this project we use a egs002 module to generate a spwm which is then fed to the h-bridge mosfets irf3205 the problem is that the final out that is fed to the transformer is around 6volts ac when i use a 12v battery.

this happens because the output of the egs002 module is around 11-12 volts which is given the higher side gate is not fully opened due to the fact that the gate voltage must be higher than the drain to source voltage i have tried boot straping externally but it didnt help also the module itself consists of a driver ir2110 that has a bootstrap capacitor is there a way to increase the output to 12v so i can use a12v transformer

thanks in advance
View attachment 324033
Do you have an Oscilloscope? You should observe ~ 24V pulses on both 1HO and 2HO outputs if the driver is working properly. Is your battery voltage holding up properly, not drooping under load?
You haven't removed any components from the PCB, have you?

nithishroy

Joined Jun 7, 2024
Do you have an Oscilloscope? You should observe ~ 24V pulses on both 1HO and 2HO outputs if the driver is working properly. Is your battery voltage holding up properly, not drooping under load?
You haven't removed any components from the PCB, have you?
I have used a 12v battery and the modules 1ho and 2ho pins outputs around 11.4 volts You can verify using this
Are we talking about the same module could you share me the link of the module that you used

sarahMCML

Joined May 11, 2019
I have used a 12v battery and the modules 1ho and 2ho pins outputs around 11.4 volts You can verify using this
Are we talking about the same module could you share me the link of the module that you used
You're looking at the wrong sidebar on your oscilloscope! The "Mean" reading is because you have a near 50% Mark/Space ratio to your waveform. What you should be looking at is the "Max" reading, which I see shows approximately 24v on 1HO, and 2HO. On the 1LO and 2LO outputs you have around 12V but with lots of switching (chopper?) noise. These are the correct values, and are what you should see if you probe the Gates of your MOSFETS. It appears to me to be working as it should, as far as that section is concerned!

nithishroy

Joined Jun 7, 2024
You're looking at the wrong sidebar on your oscilloscope! The "Mean" reading is because you have a near 50% Mark/Space ratio to your waveform. What you should be looking at is the "Max" reading, which I see shows approximately 24v on 1HO, and 2HO. On the 1LO and 2LO outputs you have around 12V but with lots of switching (chopper?) noise. These are the correct values, and are what you should see if you probe the Gates of your MOSFETS. It appears to me to be working as it should, as far as that section is concerned!
But after all
the final output from that h bridge is 6v spwm signal and when I connect a 6v transformer I get 220volts but on 12v transformer it is only 110 volts so I need a way to improve the spwm 6v output
thank you

sarahMCML

Joined May 11, 2019
But after all
the final output from that h bridge is 6v spwm signal and when I connect a 6v transformer I get 220volts but on 12v transformer it is only 110 volts so I need a way to improve the spwm 6v output
thank you
On a 6V to 220V transformer you have a ratio of Approximately 1:36, whereas a 12V to 220 V transformer only has a ratio of ~1:18.
So if you're driving it with the same voltage as the 6V one, you're only going to get half the voltage out!
You should be getting a 24V swing between the two ends of the transformer!

nithishroy

Joined Jun 7, 2024
On a 6V to 220V transformer you have a ratio of Approximately 1:36, whereas a 12V to 220 V transformer only has a ratio of ~1:18.
So if you're driving it with the same voltage as the 6V one, you're only going to get half the voltage out!
You should be getting a 24V swing between the two ends of the transformer!
So the conclusion Is that only half of the input voltage can be converted as an output and the rating of the transformer must be half of the voltage and there's no other way to increase it
Someone said that pure sine wave systems use the transformer rated voltage as the half of the input voltage
Is that so
Thank you for responding

Attachments