Making a Wireless Credit Card Reader Work Correcly

loewem

Joined Jan 25, 2016
I own a car wash and have been working on implementing a new credit card system that is make by a company named, Nayax. Nayax makes a nice card reader that works with cards (swip), cards (chip and pin), cards (rfid), phones (NFC) and loyalty cards (NFC). I've figured out how to wire the readers for my self-serve wash bay. I've found two options. 1) The reader sends eletronic pulses through my coin mechanism to my timer. Each pulse represents $.25 and provides 25 seconds of time. I can only set up one charge in this manner, so if a customer swips for $5 that is all they get. When the time ends they have to swipe again. 2? I added a wire to a pin on the timer cable. When a card is swiped the connection is closed which turns the timer on and start to count up time. When the customer is done washing they hit the end button on the card reader to end the transaction. Both of these are set up using an optical relay that is wired to the card reader and to the coin mechanism or timer. I've requested some back end changes to both of these options to make both work better for me and the customer.

I also have two auto cashiers that accept payment for automatic car washes. Previously I had dial up modens handling the credit card processing, but that is no longer supported by the auto cashier manufacturer. With the dial up a customer would select one of four washes ($8, $10, $12 or $14) then they'd swipe their card and the reansaction would be processed. I was able to connect the Nayax reader to the auto cashier via the same optic relay and it works, but it is confusing to the customer. When a customer selects a wash, they then have to press the start button on the card reader until the correct payment amount appears ($8 is the default, press button 1 time for $10, 2 times for $12 and 3 times for $14) Frequently, a customer will select the $14 wash and swipe the card without changing the card reader to $14 dollars. So, the customer gets charged $8 and the auto cashier asks for $6 more dollars. I've tried several sets of directions and have spent a lot of time trying to educate the customer. I'm convinced that I need to get the Nayax readerr working the old way. When a wash is selected the Nayax reader recognizes the amount that needs to be charged, so the customer doesn't have to figure it out. I'm sure that this can be done and I've asked Nayax for help, but not getting anywhere. I'd like to learn figure this out myself as I have a test machine and a spare reader. The unit has an MDB connection, so I'm thinking that I might be able to take advantage of this to figure out how to make the reader recognize the wash price.

I'm not sure where to start and or to find information to learn about this type of technology. Any thoughts/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

moe1310

Joined Sep 13, 2018
Hey Mike,

Glad to hear!

From Canada do you have a wiring schematic you can share?

Looking to count up option with Nayax and using a coin mech which has Pulse

Before we attempt this, want to know what were getting into

Utilizing the coin mech below:
https://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-30163-securecoin-5-coin-acceptor-long-drop-canadian-coins-only.aspx

Utilizing timer:
https://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-35...er-plus-120vac-or-24vac-electronic-timer.aspx

Question, did you use the power off the coin mech? and what wire did you use to utilize the count up option on the Nayax unit

Any info would be great, first time poster

thx!~

Hey Mike,

Glad to hear!

From Canada do you have a wiring schematic you can share?

Looking to count up option with Nayax and using a coin mech which has Pulse

Before we attempt this, want to know what were getting into

Utilizing the coin mech below:
https://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-30163-securecoin-5-coin-acceptor-long-drop-canadian-coins-only.aspx

Utilizing timer:
https://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-35...er-plus-120vac-or-24vac-electronic-timer.aspx

Question, did you use the power off the coin mech? and what wire did you use to utilize the count up option on the Nayax unit

Any info would be great, first time poster

thx!~
Hi guys, how is the Nayax system working out for you? I have an 8 bay SS car wash that I have been considering using the Nayax system in. The count up would be good if possible, or with the new Nayax Touch it gives six different price ranges to pick from. I think with the count up though, people may forget to turn off the card reader and want refunded for the difference that they get charged too much? What is your experience?
Do you have a wiring diagram for the Nayax that you have used? I have the Slug Buster pulse coin reader in my bays. Thanks, SS.

Last edited by a moderator: