making a battery pack for a pstwo, little help please

sam88

Joined Feb 23, 2008
hi everybody, this is my first post. im not an expert in circuits and i need a little advice, im planning to build a battery pack for a pstwo and i was thinking about using some 9v rechargeable batteries connecter in parallel to increase the capacity of the battery since my pstwo houseplug adaptor has a DC output of 8.5 volts and 5.65 A intensity.

if u dont mind helping me out, i got a few questions.

1) could a 9v output instead of a 8.5 output damage my console somehow, if yes what would be the best way to down regulate the voltage, my guess is a weak resistor but im not sure if that ensures a stable voltage. could a simple capacitor solve this?

2)can a series of 9v batteries connected in parallel give out an intensit of 5.65 A by it itself?

3)approx. how many rechargeable 9v batteries should i put toghether to get a good 2-3 hours of power, the lenght of a movie at least.

4)what wold be the simplest way to add a 'charge meter' or simply a led that tells me the battery are almost empty so that i can turn the console off before the power runs out

5) maybe im asking to much but if the whole thing becomes a bit complex....could someone post a circuit diagram, please.

any help will be apreciated

mik3

Joined Feb 4, 2008
hi everybody, this is my first post. im not an expert in circuits and i need a little advice, im planning to build a battery pack for a pstwo and i was thinking about using some 9v rechargeable batteries connecter in parallel to increase the capacity of the battery since my pstwo houseplug adaptor has a DC output of 8.5 volts and 5.65 A intensity.

if u dont mind helping me out, i got a few questions.

1) could a 9v output instead of a 8.5 output damage my console somehow, if yes what would be the best way to down regulate the voltage, my guess is a weak resistor but im not sure if that ensures a stable voltage. could a simple capacitor solve this?

2)can a series of 9v batteries connected in parallel give out an intensit of 5.65 A by it itself?

3)approx. how many rechargeable 9v batteries should i put toghether to get a good 2-3 hours of power, the lenght of a movie at least.

4)what wold be the simplest way to add a 'charge meter' or simply a led that tells me the battery are almost empty so that i can turn the console off before the power runs out

5) maybe im asking to much but if the whole thing becomes a bit complex....could someone post a circuit diagram, please.

any help will be apreciated
1) i dont think the 9V will destroy the console but i wouldnt risk it if i was not very sure. You can build an adjustable voltage regulator and set its output value at 8.5V .

2) Yes they can give you an intensity of 5.65 A, but this depends on their continue amperage rating to see how much of them u will use. I dont recommend you to put batteries in parallel because they can drain each other if their voltages are not exactly the same. it is better to take one bigger battery

3) The number of batteries depends upon the Ah rating of the batteries. check it

4) for an indicator you can use a zener diode in series with an led and a limiting resistor