Machine learning or Machine Vision for bottle inspection

Pushkar1

Joined Apr 5, 2021
I have heard two terms machine vision and machine learning but I don't understand the difference between the two

In this video they check whether the bottle is full or empty

I am interested to know which technology machine learning or machine vision is used in this kind of project.

I think machine learning can be done in this kind of project, so we need many images of empty bottles to train the model.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Do you even read the comments and follow the links on these videos? The explanation of how it works is available.

The definitions of “machine vision” and “machine learning” are readily available on the ‘net. The product description never mentions machine learning.

Why do you ask these questions instead of researching and asking the questions that you can’t answer yourself?

This will be the last time I comment on one of your posts.

Pushkar1

Joined Apr 5, 2021
Why do you ask these questions instead of researching and asking the questions that you can’t answer yourself?
It was not easy for me to understand the difference between machine learning or machine vision to solve a particular problem. For this I did research on the internet and found a youtube video. Now I had a real problem which I need to solve.

I have given my thoughts and sought others opinion.

I think machine learning can be used in this project. What do you think do you think machine learning can be used or machine vision can use?

If you think that machine learning will not be suitable for this project, can you explain why you think so?

Pushkar1

Joined Apr 5, 2021
Why do you think it has to be one or the other?
There are multiple techniques and strategies. I've read about machine learning in the past few days and I think it can be used in projects like this.

So I just asked for clarification to keep the correct information in my mind.

Pushkar1

Joined Apr 5, 2021
I am implying that it might be both.

Bob
Great. It would be helpful to me if you could explain here what would be the benefit for project using machine vision .

as i think i need a more then 50 thousand image of empty bottle and filled bottle to do this project. For this I need to make a model which will identify whether the bottle is filled or empty.

Again I am not an expert in project designing I have only shared my personal opinion. If I am wrong then you can correct it, it will be a learning lesson for me.

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
If any specific technology has an advantage, it would be worth considering. What advantage do either of these have in a particular application. Ive seen systems that deploy a number of technologies together to get the best of all aspects. Kicking out bottles at 1200 cycles a minute is cool, until they are all getting kicked and the operator is daydreaming.