LTspiceXVII not like LTspiceIV

c5f8

Joined May 3, 2007
My old computer was Win XP. I switched to Win 8.1 and installed LTspiceXVII. Now, circuits created with LTspiceIV are only accessible as complete diagrams in LTspiceXVII. I'm not able to click, cut, or change any component of my old asc circuit files.

Bordodynov

Joined May 20, 2015
My old computer was Win XP. I switched to Win 8.1 and installed LTspiceXVII. Now, circuits created with LTspiceIV are only accessible as complete diagrams in LTspiceXVII. I'm not able to click, cut, or change any component of my old asc circuit files.
I have no your problems. I open the old file by means of LTspiceXVII, change;vary it and save. Necessary only not to do the commentary on national language. Pottom I simply can open the file by means of LTspiceIV and work with this file. I think You necessary to start the program with rights Administrator.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Strange. I have no problem running old asc sims, created with LTsIV on WinXP, using either LTsIV or LTsXVII on Win10. Admin rights not needed. Don't recall having any problem running them on Win8.1 either, for the brief period before moving to Win10.

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
Hi

Try funning ltspice as administrator just to see if that allows you to open and edit the .asc files.
If this works, then you'll need to run ltspice as administrator, or, change ownership/permissions on the .asc files, or move the .asc files to a non-privileged area of the disk.

eT

c5f8

Joined May 3, 2007
Hi

Try funning ltspice as administrator just to see if that allows you to open and edit the .asc files.
eT
I see the new version is as archaic as the last. Since last time I used LTspice I forgot to use scissors and components. Thanks for the replies.