LTspice - Unknown subcircuit error, but no further info

sharkat8622

Joined Nov 8, 2018
I have been trying to use this vendor spice file, but when I try to run my simulation I get an undefined subcircuit error (see attached screenshot). However, unlike the other threads I've seen on this error, I'm not getting any information on what/where the error is occurring, so I'm at a loss as to where I should be looking for any issues. If anyone has any idea what might be going on here, it would be greatly appreciated!

undefined subcircuit.PNG

sharkat8622

Joined Nov 8, 2018
Thanks a ton! That does appear to have fixed it. Out of curiosity, would you be able to explain the significance of the changes you made?
The main differences I'm noticing are that:
  • the gen_switch subckt has been moved out of the main subckt
  • each line in the main subckt using the gen_switch subckt has "params" inserted
  • the "pin names" block in each line using gen_switch has been removed
Was something in the spice file fundamentally set up wrong, or is this an issue of LTspice compatibility? I'm an LTspice novice, so just trying to learn all that I can :)

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
Thanks a ton! That does appear to have fixed it. Out of curiosity, would you be able to explain the significance of the changes you made?
The main differences I'm noticing are that:
  • the gen_switch subckt has been moved out of the main subckt
  • each line in the main subckt using the gen_switch subckt has "params" inserted
  • the "pin names" block in each line using gen_switch has been removed
Was something in the spice file fundamentally set up wrong, or is this an issue of LTspice compatibility? I'm an LTspice novice, so just trying to learn all that I can :)
That was one of the worst files i've seen...its basically unusable as downloaded. I can't believe a manufacturer would post a file like that for customers to use.

Anyway, all of the things you mentioned i changed because of mis-formatting or located in the wrong place of the file.

sharkat8622

Joined Nov 8, 2018
Ah I see. That's a real bummer, I'm a big fan of their parts, and haven't had any issues with the spice files for their simpler parts (FETs and diodes). I may steer away from their ICs on future projects that I need to simulate. In any case, thanks again for your help!