ltspice third party model

denison

Joined Oct 13, 2018
Hi all, I have downloaded a good model for a diac. The trouble is I can only use it by adding text next to the symbol in ltspice. So if I want to use it in another circuit I have do that all over again.
I have opened an empty folder in the subckts of lt spice. Now I don't see how to fill in that empty folder. I have named it diac32.
How do I fill in that empty folder with the program for the diac 32.
Also having another problem now. No matter what type of file I save the diac32 instructions to, I cannot open it again. Keep getting file type not recognised. Is this microsoft giving me a hard time because keep getting a message problem with my account.
I found out recently that microsoft have been taking money out of my account every month which I just found out about. This has amounted to quite a lot over the years. I cancelled the payment so now it looks like they are taking their revenge?
What do you think? I now seem to have no way of saving anything.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Your other problems are a bit worrying.
Have you checked your PC thoroughly for malware?
Have you ever signed up for any Microsoft service (e.g.cloud storage etc)?
How did they get hold of your bank details?

denison

Joined Oct 13, 2018
Your other problems are a bit worrying.
Have you checked your PC thoroughly for malware?
Have you ever signed up for any Microsoft service (e.g.cloud storage etc)?
How did they get hold of your bank details?
It must have been when I purchased my new lenova laptop. I don't remember now but maybe the sales person told me I needed a microsoft account and then I gave them the bank account details. Else they got it from my payment for the laptop.

denison

Joined Oct 13, 2018
hi den,
Post your working circuit asc file which includes the Diac text, lets see what we can suggest.
E
Hi Eric, here goes with the file for the diac. I did see somewhere that the best way to establish a subckt file in ltspice was to open a empty file in lib>sub. But the rest of the instructions seem to be missing. There must be a way to fill in this empty file now sitting in the right place under sub. The symbol for a diac is already in ltspice.
Now how do I get that diac text document into the empty file in sub?
It seems' adobe acrobat reader dc' is not recognising pdf files anymore. They finish with ".sub". I have an lm324 op amp model which I downloaded previously as a third party model. lm324.sub. and under that pdf and next to it the pdf logo. all my third party models in ltspice in sub are pdf documents.

Attachments

denison

Joined Oct 13, 2018
My collection of models has a diac model with parameters. You set the parameters and get the desired diac. My model was discussed at the German forum https://www.mikrocontroller.net/topic/403520#new.
My web page with models:
http://bordodynov.ltwiki.org/
Hi Bord, I have the model for a diac. see my reply to eric gibbs. file attached there. the thing is I have forgotten how I got my third party subcircuits into lt spice. the models of lm324 and lm339 I have under comparators although the lm324 is an op amp. Also the symbols are not the same as the normal symbols for op amps in ltspice.
The steps for getting the net lists into lt spice were complicated. does anybody know how I did it. The smart thing would have been to list the steps I had taken to get the models there. Now I am stuck with the diacs net list because I don't remember the steps. Can anybody suggest how I did it? A clue is the different symbol. There was something about picking a new symbol which would better match the netlist.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
Hi Alex,
I know it is your Model and of course I did not change the Credits for the work.

Thanks for this and all your other work.:)

E

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
The diac file in post #5 has lines beginning with a double period. Try a single period instead if you have problems getting the model to work.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi alec.
The double '.. 'also caused a problem when trying to use AutoGen, had to delete one of the '.' to get it to create.

E
Update: Ref post #13.
With the double dot, even when only the name was highlighted, the Auto Gen option on the drop down menu was greyed out, inactive.

Attachments

Last edited:

denison

Joined Oct 13, 2018
hi den,
Where did you get that Diac Mod.?

Look thru Post#6 option.
E

Also this zip.
it was on the internet Eric. I think if you look up diac32 you will find it. Just seen that texas instruments Tina-ti spice simulation programs have diacs and triacs. Ltspice is better in a lot of respects but I will use Tina to simulate my circuits which are using triacs and diacs.
Linear technology now Analog devices should have triac and diac models and not just their symbols. Perhaps we could all together get them to do this. I keep updating Ltspice but nothing ever changes with their components. Its a real drag having to bring in third party models. Analog devices are preventing innovation and they should be made aware of this. It may be that they don't sell triacs or diacs but our circuits will probably contain other components that they sell.