LTspice question: What happened to the ammerter?

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
After running a simulation in LTspcie I tried to measure the current thought some resistors, but the ammeter did not appear as the cursor hovered over the parts. "Ok, no problem" I thought, and reinstalled LTspice. Voilà! The ammeter was back. I shut down the computer.

Upon restarting the computer and running a simulation the ammeter failed to appear. Is there a secret setting that I have been missing all these years?

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi Dick,
I have never observed that problem.
Could you post your 'asc' file and I will see if I can duplicate the problem.
E
EDIT:
Try holding down the ALT key, while clicking on the component or wire.

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
After running a simulation in LTspcie I tried to measure the current thought some resistors, but the ammeter did not appear as the cursor hovered over the parts. "Ok, no problem" I thought, and reinstalled LTspice. Voilà! The ammeter was back. I shut down the computer.

Upon restarting the computer and running a simulation the ammeter failed to appear. Is there a secret setting that I have been missing all these years?
FWIW I've occasionally experienced the described difficulty while running LtSpice under XP Pro but not on Win7 Ultimate -- On a possibly related note, I have been unable to stipulate ammeter 'polarity' following installation of LtSpice upates Ca. 1 year ago:confused:...

Best regards
HP

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
This is embarrassing as well as dumb. I introduced the problem when trying to get the program to stop leaving all of the intermediate files. I had unchecked "Save Device Currents" in the Save Options tab of the Control Panel. I was sure there was some switch, but didn't recognize it until all of you reported no problem.

Yes, I found the correct place to delete the intermediate files too.

Thank you for your feedback and help.

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
This is embarrassing as well as dumb. I introduced the problem when trying to get the program to stop leaving all of the intermediate files. I had unchecked "Save Device Currents" in the Save Options tab of the Control Panel. I was sure there was some switch, but didn't recognize it until all of you reported no problem.

Yes, I found the correct place to delete the intermediate files too.

Thank you for your feedback and help.
I dunno - It has been my experience that the described difficulty (along with several other 'simulation time' annoyances) occur randomly under XP (as of installation of an LtSpice update last autumn) Note that I have never encountered said difficulty under Win7 --- FWIW I put it down to the commonplace (if indolent) practice by developers of ignoring 'orphaned' OSes despite continued widespread use of same:rolleyes:

Well hey! Pleased it's working for you!:cool:

Best regards
HP:)