Low-high voltage protection circuit with time delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaaj99

Joined Apr 7, 2016
Hello
Please help me understand this circuit. It's a circuit designed especially for protecting the fridge, AC units, etc.

Moderator's Note : The circuit was deleted.

The designer of this circuit (not me) used LM324, and he/she used only three comparators out of four available to reduce the cost of it (witch is nice).
Inside red rectangle there is the power supply for this circuit, inside the blue square there is the Time Delay for the circuit (3-5 min).
My questions :
1. C1 is a 680nf filming capacitor for voltage drop & current limit. Should the designer used a higher value for a 24v relay circuit?
(220v - 30v) \ 47ma = 4043 ohm ??!!
2. Z-DI is a 27v1W zener. I can't find a 1w or higher in my local market (and can't order online), what can we do? Using a resistor ? Using LM7824 ?
3. If I want to control the high & low voltage values of this circuit using a 2 potentiometers, where should I put them?
4. What's the purpose of D8 & D10? and can't we replace them with LEDs to indicate Low voltage & High Voltage?
5. What's the purpose of R7, R9, R10?
6. Why LED1 green has no resistor?
7. If I want to run this circuit on 12v relay, I must change the whole circuit?
I apologize for bad English and the many questions, you're the only community I can get help from.
:(

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
This thread will be closed, because the contents were violated with the UA(User Agreement).

6. Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised however are considered "off-topic" at all times and will result in Your thread being closed without question:

* Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
* Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
* LEDs to mains
* Any kind of jammers (ie - Phone jammers)
* Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
* Transformer-less power supplies

If you come across a thread or post discussing any of the above topics please report the thread so We can close, and if necessary remove, the offending thread/posts.

User Agreement:
http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/user-agreement/

Status
Not open for further replies.