Loosewire's Couch

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Come in have a seat ,we can spill some ink together and blot it up.

We can pick our super bowl team , Talk about the neat ad's for

haft time. Have some coffee or tea depending which side of the pond

you are on. Who does England pick for the super bowl or do you care.

What do you think about the soccer player on 60 miniutes. When does

England play his team. Do they take money from your paycheck in

England and what for, what is your favorite snack with tea.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
You know its neat the way a englishman has to get a permit to hunt for

artifacts along the muddy banks of the Thames river. They find things that

go back centuries. Three or four hundred years before the U.S......how old

are some of the north countrties. If you say old what come to mind, if you say

special..what come to mind..how about new.....any country, whats new.

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
I mainly drink coffee, but I have tea every now and then. I don't usually have a snack with it.
I'm not much of a sports fan, but I believe soccer is quite popular, I don't think football is as popular.
There's an old saying: "Americans think a hundred years is a long time, the English think a hundred miles is a long way"
We've got Stonehenge which is around four or five thousand years old and plenty of smaller sites of similar ages. There's a lot of Roman sites which are only a couple of thousand years old. More recently there are plenty of castles and churches which are up to about a thousand years old.
My nearest church was built in 1405 and there are probably thousands of churches of a similar age.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Going to start a new service,I am going to deliver what ever to the water,

such as flowers or ashes as a ceramony. Some times there are no ashes,

google the news, a guy disappeared from a fishing boat...they are haveing

ceromony here, going to volunteer my service. I would fall off a bucket to

the water,,,that what they think happen to there brother,at sea.

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
Going to start a new service,I am going to deliver what ever to the water,

such as flowers or ashes as a ceramony. Some times there are no ashes,

google the news, a guy disappeared from a fishing boat...they are haveing

ceromony here, going to volunteer my service. I would fall off a bucket to

the water,,,that what they think happen to there brother,at sea.

Are you volunteering to recreate the incident for the family?:confused:

I'm not sure I follow.:D

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
@ Sparky ,If you read the full page story of this fisherman life,and how his family

feels about the man and the sea. So why not go over board, go beneath the

water and let the family observe a moment of silence thru Loosewire ,when I

come up the tribute is complete. Never been done before ,what do you think.

P.S. (I'm not sure I follow).....would you follow me into the ocean...with no

protection...it has to look real as possible..and the feel of danger. Going under

for 30 seconds would be dangerous, once out of sight they may not be able to find me.

Last edited:

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
I'm a History Channel addict. But now I can't get it where I live in Orlando.
History Channel used to be cool from glimpses I saw back when it was new. "All Hitler, all the time". Now it is inundated with the same reality crap that distorted the Discovery channel. :(

I haven't had cable TV for over 20 years (since college), and don't even own a TV set. I don't miss it at all. The continual advertisements breaking all the stories up was annoying. I know technology has advanced to be able to avoid commercials. I've found going outside now and again, or hanging around here and either helping people or learning a new trick is a better use of time.

I believe too many people get caught up in discussing what might happen on the next episode of some program or other. Seems like living vicariously through TV characters rather than having a life, but, to each his own.

Now, when it comes to the internet and the fact I sometimes interact with as many or more people online in any given day than I typically do in real life, that's probably not healthy, either. A happy middle needs to exist, but apparently, some of those TV shows are somehow addictive.

jaygatsby

Joined Nov 23, 2011
@ Sparky ,If you read the full page story of this fisherman life,and how his family

feels about the man and the sea. So why not go over board, go beneath the

water and let the family observe a moment of silence thru Loosewire ,when I

come up the tribute is complete. Never been done before ,what do you think.

P.S. (I'm not sure I follow).....would you follow me into the ocean...with no

protection...it has to look real as possible..and the feel of danger. Going under

for 30 seconds would be dangerous, once out of sight they may not be able to find me.
You could start a lucrative business reenacting deaths of unfortunate people for their families. Drownings, car wrecks, cancer... I think you could make millions. It's brilliant!

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
@ jaygatby ,You should read more of Loosewires post,you would learn something.

I was in a hospital room where a priest was giving last rites ,there were three nuns

present and other family members. The priest said it would be helpful to give book

readings , the person had there eyes closed and after no one else picked up the

book,I did. I started reading and kept reading,when I would say certain words I

would get a squeeze from the person's hand I was reading to, so remember when

someone need a good word,don't be afraid to pick up the book. You will learn more

about your self.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
@ jaygatsby , The ninety year old doctor that was in good phyical shape, walked

to get his dinner. Loved life ,had a staff of people to look after him....he had a fall

thursday, friday evening after family visit he was gone...(that dreaded morphine drip

that I speak about to often now a days) . A family statement...he had a great life

and we don't won't to hear anything else. If you read my post,you would have known

that he was doctor.....attended Hartford...a lot of honors. Beware of the new normal.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
The couch potato moved all his stuff from one warehouse to another and still going

strong after putting all you guys to bed. Are you going to move all that stuff your

self, yes. I mentioned the glass radio at lunch,the water memorial at dinner,so my

friend the couch is near by.....waiting for China or the North Sea to wake. I don't

know how much sleep I need . I feel at home on the keyboard and Forum....just

punching out the words as they flow. OH..I found my hockey skates and some of my

gear. I have a disbeliever about my ability to ice skate..on my list of things to do.

I found a home barber the other day....same price as going to shop, yes. I found

a few nuggets and some fools gold. Every thing has changed,have no use for anything

in storage ,only the sporting stuff..tennis racquet..hand ball glove..got rid of the T.V.'s

just taking space. I have a lot of the old video's T.V. players, 4 at least..no time to

replay all that life...so tomorrow I need to throw more stuff out..a new world.

Last edited:

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
History Channel used to be cool from glimpses I saw back when it was new. "All Hitler, all the time". Now it is inundated with the same reality crap that distorted the Discovery channel.
Some of those shows aren't half bad. Some chronicle people who have interesting jobs or unusual businesses. I was a fan of Ax-men when it first started. Most of those shows start out legitimate, and get more fake as they stay on too long.

Aside from that, History still has quality programming. They ran a terrific mini-series on the Hatfileds and McCoys awhile back.

jaygatsby

Joined Nov 23, 2011
Well Loosewire I have no idea what you're talking about most of the time, but I enjoy it, and will do just as you suggest: to read more of your threads.

The idea of recreating the death of the boater for the family seems odd to me... what do you do after you resurface? Gasp for air as the family horrifically associates your gasping with their drowned loved one's last painful attempts for breath?

And the fall... do you do it arms-a-flailin, or do you just kind of casually fall in, nonchalant?

But your heart is in the right place, thanks Loosewire!