Looking like a MOSFET

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
My copy of LTSpice came with a model of the IRF530, but no IRF9530.
So, I have downloaded a model for Vishay, opened the file, clicked on .SUBCKT and "create symbol", and it asks me "Do you wish to automatically create a netlist against the subcircuit IRF9530 and her (sic) 3 ports".
So, now I've got a IRF9530 but it looks like a box with the numbers 1,2 and 3 on it, and I'm guessing which is G, S and D. How do I make it look like a MOSFET, just like the IRF530 (but with the arrow pointing the other way)?
I can even find the MOSFET symbol and edit it, but can't get it to replace the silly square with 1,2 and 3 on it.
Surely there must be an easy way to do this? Or is there a better way of adding the IRF9530?

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi Ian,
Open the model [ yellow box], the asy file
Use F5 to delete just the yellow area.
Use F7 to move the the 1,2,3 numbers around the page, align them roughly where they should be for a MOS
Use 'L' to select draw a line.

You will find it helpful to have a asc file open which has the originall yellow box. it will change as you Edit and Save the changes in the asy file.

Ask if you have a problem.
E

BTW:
1,2 and 3 on it, and I'm guessing which is G, S and D

If you open the .net file for the model, you can see the G D S and 1 2 3 relationship.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi Ian,
Couple of files here.
ie: asy and net

E
Under F2 you will see Auto Gen asy files, the yellow box version of irf9530.
Use Win Explorer to replace the yellow box version with this zip version.
Restart LTS.
E

Attachments

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
My copy of LTSpice came with a model of the IRF530, but no IRF9530.
So, I have downloaded a model for Vishay, opened the file, clicked on .SUBCKT and "create symbol", and it asks me "Do you wish to automatically create a netlist against the subcircuit IRF9530 and her (sic) 3 ports".
So, now I've got a IRF9530 but it looks like a box with the numbers 1,2 and 3 on it, and I'm guessing which is G, S and D. How do I make it look like a MOSFET, just like the IRF530 (but with the arrow pointing the other way)?
I can even find the MOSFET symbol and edit it, but can't get it to replace the silly square with 1,2 and 3 on it.
Surely there must be an easy way to do this? Or is there a better way of adding the IRF9530?
Instead of using "create symbol":

1. Add a "PMOS" device symbol to the schematic.

2. Ctrl-right-mouse-click on the PMOS symbol in your schematic. A dialog window with all the attributes will be shown.

3. Replace the "Value" attribute "PMOS" with "IRF9530", without quotes, on your pmos symbol.

4. Replace the "Prefix" attribute value "MP" with "X", without quotes.
The "X" tells LTspice that this symbol is for a subcircuit. Then click OK.

5. Add the SPICE-directive into your schematic:
.lib sihf9530.lib

This tells LTspice where to find the spice model file that contains the subcircuit definition.

6. Place the model file in the same folder as the schematic.

7. If you need more of the same transistors on the schematic, copy and paste as needed.