Looking for weather proof totes with smooth exterior.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
I currently keep my tools and parts in the bed of my truck in these husky totes:
Screenshot_20211116-214003_Chrome.jpg
Prior to that I kept them in this kind of tote:
Screenshot_20211116-214130_Chrome.jpg
I went away from the black/yellow totes because they are not air/water tight. They suffer humidity problems and water leaks. So I got the red totes with a rubber gasket seal and things are much better now in that regard. But I am looking for another improvement because these totes do not slide past each other well.

My bed is full of totes from front to back:
20211116_105347.jpg 20211116_105354.jpg

Because the bed rails are nearly 5ft high and some of the totes weigh over 50lbs, I find it easier to slide them out from the back using a pole/hook. The totes get hung up on each other as I try to slide them past one another other because the handles and latches protrude from the sides.

This seems to be a common theme among all of the rugged/weatherproof totes (Pelican, et.-everyone-al.) I guess they think the bulky "MILSPEC"-looking hardware is what advertises it as heavy duty.

I would like to find some heavy duty totes (ones you can stand on preferably) with smooth exterior and waterproof. So far I have found nothing. If anyone has a recommendation I would appreciate it. Otherwise I might resort to keeping my stuff in Igloo coolers.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
They're not cheap but I sure do like them! Pelican Air Cases in San Diego in Stock at Nalpak
Pelican cases are good n tough waterproof stuff.
Thanks, I am no stranger to Pelican cases; I have several of them. They are excellent quality, but unfortunately they are cursed with the same conspicuous protruding hinges and latches as all the others. Actually, I think they probably started the trend. Their cases are ones to copy, therefore all the wannabees have those same qualities.