Looking for ultrasonic sensors with good FOV for automotive applications

Ishan Jain

Joined Nov 12, 2016
Hello folks.

I am having some trouble in finding an ultrasonic sensor which is reliable and have a good field of view. I want to mount them on the sides of my car so I need sensor which have range up to 4 meters but a good FOV so that minimum number of sensors are required. Please help me with this.

Thank you.

Ishan Jain

Joined Nov 12, 2016
Good angle is somewhat around 45 degree or greater.

Please define good angle.
Its urgent please tell me some ultrasonic sensors with beam angle greater than 30 degree which can be used for distance measurement.

Last edited by a moderator:

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Good angle is somewhat around 45 degree or greater.

Its urgent please tell me some ultrasonic sensors with beam angle greater than 30 degree which can be used for distance measurement.
I think this will be a heavy lift. After traveling some distance from the source the beam will begin to narrow because the energy away from the axis will be too weak to return.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
If it is so urgent then why are you posting on a public forum instead of spending the time hiring an engineer that can help you?

Ishan Jain

Joined Nov 12, 2016
If it is so urgent then why are you posting on a public forum instead of spending the time hiring an engineer that can help you?
Bro I am engineer myself its just that I am researching about a suitable fit for my application but there's no option in my vicinity.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Bro I am engineer myself its just that I am researching about a suitable fit for my application but there's no option in my vicinity.
Right. I'm suggesting you are unlikely to find what you are looking for. The idea of getting a usable return from a wide angle beam seems to be a distinct impossibility.

Ishan Jain

Joined Nov 12, 2016
Right. I'm suggesting you are unlikely to find what you are looking for. The idea of getting a usable return from a wide angle beam seems to be a distinct impossibility.
I m not asking for a sensor having a super FOV, but the best possible option in the market.