Looking for this Pogo Pin

Martin Gregory

Joined Jul 12, 2017
Hi

I'm new to the forum and joined because it seemed a good place to try and find some help.

I'm a technician working in textiles research and am trying to repair some lab equipment which measures moisture transfer rates in textiles. The equipment has several hundred pogo pins, some of which have jammed.

The attached photos show what I am looking for.The nearest I have come across so far is the TCI Connections Inc. 73-A which I found here. The tip seems to be identical but the barrel is quite different.

I've done the obvious in contacting the manufacturer of the equipment but they have quoted a small fortune to replace the component when all that is needed is some new pogo pins. An all too common response from some manufacturers who see making a big profit from after sales service as more important than doing what is best for their customers, and hence building a mutually beneficial relationship. But I digress.

Anyone out there in AAC got any ideas where these might come from.

Cheers, Martin

Pogo pin 1.jpg Pogo pin 2.jpg Pogo pin 3.jpg Pogo pin 4.jpg

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
You don't state where you are located in the world, but those would be a good job for a small local machine shop to make. Unless there is something inside the brass colored part that isn't shown. Have you thought of sacrificing one of the bad/unworking units for spare parts to get the other broken units all working?