Looking for research project on logic design and coding of microprocessor.

Abhinav Himanshu

Joined Feb 18, 2016
Hello, I am 3rd year undergraduate student and have a huge interest in logic design of microprocessor and its coding but not the fabrication part.Can someone please suggest me some good research topics according to my interest.
Thanks 4 help.:)

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
You want to design a processor but not build it??? How will that work?

The closest thing I can think of is a field programmable gate array (FPGA). You can buy a development board and use it as a platform to host your design.

Abhinav Himanshu

Joined Feb 18, 2016
d
You want to design a processor but not build it??? How will that work?

The closest thing I can think of is a field programmable gate array (FPGA). You can buy a development board and use it as a platform to host your design.
Do you have anything specific in mind which i can do as a research projects. or you can guide me through some links.
thanks

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
You might think that a large pool of individuals would be a good source of ideas for a research project. I do not think you will find happiness here since most of us have little interest in research and don't subscribe to the journals where such research might be published. A better strategy might be to go to the library at your school and read the papers in the journals that you can get your hands on. Personally, I have not read a journal article since I was in graduate school (ca. 1970), so as you can see I'm just a bit out of date.

Last edited:

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
Do you have anything specific in mind which i can do as a research projects. or you can guide me through some links.
I don't work with FPGAs so I don't have anything specific to offer. You may try looking at the Wikipedia page for "soft microprocessor" to get something to start with.

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
We only have a certain number of basic logic functions. And by now, I'm sure we already have computer programs that can solve any logic condition. I am not a programmer, but I would think this is old hat.

Logic is easy. Density and speed are needed.

Intelligence will be more difficult. Because intelligence is not directly logical. Intelligence filters and re-orders the relevant logic. Intelligence is the application of bias on logic.