Looking for obsolete stock

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
I need 1K or 2K pieces of this part:

https://www.digikey.com/products/en?keywords=ABLS3-4.9152MHZ-D4Y-T

Its obsolescence came as a surprise. The unique -- and required -- aspect of this particular part is its height: 0.102". Other, similarly packaged crystals are at least 0.126" high, which exceeds the space in which they must fit.

I'd be happy to know of any obsolete component suppliers that may have stock on this part.

Thanks in advance.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011

Sinus23

Joined Sep 7, 2013
Then you need to rethink your strategy.

Sorry boss thinking outside the box might be needed.

Hope you'll find what you were looking for.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Wow. Digikey search is down.
Because all 500,000 member of AAC tried to search that part number at the same time. ;)

Apparently, Abracon makes some even smaller crystals. Are your pads long enough to accommodate a shorter crystal? What is minimum length?

EDIT
I hate to make a potentially titillating comment about something and not leave a link. I spent the previous few hours dealing with TIAA and my head was not quite on straight. Here is a link to a series of Abracon crystals, some of which are smaller:
https://abracon.com/products.php?search=xtal

Many of the smaller versions are higher frequency, e.g., >12 MHz. Can you special order a crystal in the volume you need at a multiple of your frequency, say 4x, and take care of that change with a simple change is software/firmware?

Last edited:

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
Apparently, Abracon makes some even smaller crystals. Are your pads long enough to accommodate a shorter crystal? What is minimum length?
This is a possibility I am already exploring.

Many of the smaller versions are higher frequency, e.g., >12 MHz. Can you special order a crystal in the volume you need at a multiple of your frequency, say 4x, and take care of that change with a simple change is software/firmware?
Nope.