Looking for LCD polirizer

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I am not looking for LCD TV or phone polarizers but those type found in small LCD's used in calculator.
Need to replace some worn out polarizers in these type of numeric display type LCD's.
They are clear type u know.
Any one know where I can buy some of these polarizer in around A4 sized sheet

Darn! I cannot change the typo in the thread topic. It was much easier in the early software version of the forum

RichardO

Joined May 4, 2013
Most modern LCD's have the polarizer bonded to the glass. Could be hard if not impossible to replace. Maybe just adding the new polarizer on top of the existing one will work if the extra thickness can be tolerated.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
All LCD's require a polarizing filter so they can be seen, in fact, any polarizing filter will do, I've even used polarizing plastics from cheap sunglasses to do this before. All you'd have to do is cut the shape you need from those films and you'd be ready to go. Though I'd probably buy these instead, they seem thicker and of a better quality than the ones for the iPhone.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
All LCD's require a polarizing filter so they can be seen, in fact, any polarizing filter will do, I've even used polarizing plastics from cheap sunglasses to do this before. All you'd have to do is cut the shape you need from those films and you'd be ready to go. Though I'd probably buy these instead, they seem thicker and of a better quality than the ones for the iPhone.
Ya..those seems fine..but Amazon does not ship to Maldives now....!
Wish they were on Ebay.

RichardO

Joined May 4, 2013
All you'd have to do is cut the shape you need from those films and you'd be ready to go.
Keep in mind that the direction of the polarization is important. You must have a polarizer sheet large enough to rotate to any angle and still cover your entire display.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Keep in mind that the direction of the polarization is important. You must have a polarizer sheet large enough to rotate to any angle and still cover your entire display.
Yes, I was assuming that the OP knew about that... but then again, as the old saying goes: "Assumption is the mother of all f***-ups"