Looking for HIP4020 - power bridge driver

pcharters

Joined Jun 23, 2007
I am working on a small private project that requires isolated power supplies and have found an Intersil device - HIP4020 - that would make a perfect power driver. However, I cannot find a distributor anywhere on the internet that sells in small quantities.
This is an "H" bridge driver for loads to a maximum of 15V and currents of no more than 500ma. It sells in the $2.00 range. I only need one but would buy three or four in order to have spares.
If anyone knows of a distributor in either Canada or USA, please let me know.

Pete

pcharters

Joined Jun 23, 2007
The first item you listed is more complex than I need. The second URL you provided told me that "the dataset has expired" so I never actually saw any detail on the part.

However, something i saw in the data you sent gave me the idea to search in a slightly different way. As a result, I found a Vishay/Siliconix IC (Si9986) on the Allied website that will do the trick very well - under $3.00, 8 pin and easy to interface.

Thanks very much for your help.

Pete

mrmeval

Joined Jun 30, 2006
Cool. I would appreciate seeing schematics of your final design. I have two four wire stepper motors from laptop floppies that I'd like to tinker with.

I thought I'd picked that link right but Digikey does not make them easy to share. :(

pcharters

Joined Jun 23, 2007
The Si9986 will certainly operate a small stepper - up to 1A at up to 13V and up to 200 kHz frequency; inputs are TTL.

I am using it to supply power to a number of small amplifiers which have to be isolated from the main circuit and from each other so I am pumping through capacitors.

I'll let you know if it works but it may be a couple of weeks or more before I know.

Pete