Looking for help repairing a PCB

Ububba

Joined Mar 24, 2015
I generated enough static electricity to blow out my circuit board on my treadmill. they don't make the brand anymore and I'm sure it's a blown capacitor or diode but I have no way to check it. There are a bunch big commercial places that build boards but they don't do retail work. If anyone out there thinks that they can check/fix it, I'll mail it to you and pay for the repair. It's a small board wit two to three caps and four or five i/o on it. it's a little bigger than a dollar bill in size.

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
I generated enough static electricity to blow out my circuit board on my treadmill. they don't make the brand anymore and I'm sure it's a blown capacitor or diode but I have no way to check it. There are a bunch big commercial places that build boards but they don't do retail work. If anyone out there thinks that they can check/fix it, I'll mail it to you and pay for the repair. It's a small board wit two to three caps and four or five i/o on it. it's a little bigger than a dollar bill in size.
FWIW: Power supply components aren't particularly liable to ESD --- Why do you believe ESD was the 'culprit'?

Please advise as regards manufacturer and model No. such that we may 'investigate':cool:

Best regards
HP