Looking for good Thermoelectric Peltier Coolers

jackson_lmr

Joined Apr 15, 2023
So, an overview of the project I'm working on is that I am basically trying to make a temperature and humidity controlled environment in a plastic tote. Currently, the plan is to control it all via a Libre Computer le Potato. The computer will communicate with a relay which will turn the heat, cool, and humidifier on and off. At this point the project is close to done, however I am struggling to come up with something to use as the cooler. It only needs to cool a small space (average size plastic tote you see at Walmart or Target), so I do not need anything big. From other forums I found that Thermoelectric Peltier coolers might be the right option for my application, but I am not sure which ones are good and which are not. I also am open to suggestions on heating and humidifying, currently my plan is to just purchase a small heater and a reptile humidifier from amazon.
Any suggestions or modifications to the plan are welcome, I would love some feedback. If you know of any good and affordable ($40-$60) coolers, heaters, or humidifiers that would be awesome.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
The described assembly will require a minimum of two relays, more likely three of them, one for humidity increase, one for heat, and one for cool. And the power for Peltier cooling is usually a few amps. And the cooler module should have a heatsink and a fan.

jackson_lmr

Joined Apr 15, 2023
The described assembly will require a minimum of two relays, more likely three of them, one for humidity increase, one for heat, and one for cool. And the power for Peltier cooling is usually a few amps. And the cooler module should have a heatsink and a fan.
I will be using a 4 relay module for this project

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
First, You should decide what means word "good".
Good at gaining the ultimate high dT?
Good to have ultimate high power?
Good with the best efficiency factor?
And those three never be in one element, as they are contradicting one to each another.

Then, must decide HOW TO cool the hot side. Most of the Peltiers have enormous high power density to microscopic area. Thus, the normal air natural or fan driven coolers are many orders of magnitude inappropriate. They customarily are driven by water cooler. However theoretically is possible to apply the Heatpipe coolers from PC bold end videochart.